1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who wants to listen to me vent (did a bad thing)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bj462taco, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:07 PM
    bj462taco

bj462taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Alberta canada
    Custom tube bumper and sliders, ultimate 3' lift,
    Yesterday on my way home from work my thoughts were on other things and i ended up driving right by my house (where my old land cruiser is parked) I was pulled to an old service road. You have to remember that there is lots of snow up here still, although it is quickly melting. Any way I decided to take this single lane snow covered road off into the woods to check out this sweet cliff over looking the river below. Rear tires started to slip engaging the traction control so i slip it into 4wd and continue on. There are fresh tracks in front of me so i know its not that rough going. All of a sudden I see this Honda Accord coming towards me. (know idea how it made it out there) but it had turned around and was heading out. The road was not wide enough for it to pass me so I pulled over and backed up out of the way. All of a sudden the back in swung over slipping off the road and slammed into a snow bank with a fallen tree inside of it. The back corner of the driver side of the cab is punched in, both side doors are scratched and creased and somehow the rear bumper has a fist sized dent in the corner. The truck is an 09 with 12 000 km and three payments into it. I am so mad at myself, it was a dumb ass move, i should have never passed my house to go out there. I will post pictures when i can bring myself to look at the damages more closely. Sorry i just needed to vent to someone. I feel like S#!T.

2. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:10 PM
    JAG

JAG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yikes!! I bet you felt like this.... :puke:

On the bright side at least your able to walk away from it.

3. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:11 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud There's a mod for that!

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Bilsteins 5100's (Front & Rear), GrillCraft, Line-X'ed Skid Plate & Bumper Valence, Blacked out hood scoop, Avid Light Bar and much more.
    That sounds just as bad as the time I took my bike right off the rack when I had a car. Makes you want to eat a snickers bar (Not going anywhere for a while...). Sorry to hear that, but I do feel your pain.

4. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I hope you can get it fixed! Sorry man!

5. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    bj462taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Alberta canada
    Talked to a buddy who is a body man in Calgary Alberta and figures at least 4 000. I have and accident forgiveness thingy on my insurance policy so ... i guess i should claim it. Just feel sick.

6. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:29 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Airaid Short Ram Intake, 285x75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZs, 16" Konig Countersteer rims, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Calgary? Where do you live dude? I'm tucked in Discovery Ridge. I'd kinda like to know where this cliff is.

Sorry to hear about the accident though.

7. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    bj462taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Alberta canada
    I am actually up in Fort Mckay which is north of Fort Mac. Im up here teaching grade 4 on a res school. It is kind of like camping up here in the bush. Kids on quads, trees and hundreds of miles of cut line trails with bogs, rock, rivers and cliffs. I live in Calgary but i am up here working. I will be back in Calgary during the Easter break so buddy working at superior auto body will hook me up to get this slip up fixed before i need to head up north.

8. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:52 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    :rant: :annoyed: :frusty: :pout::goingcrazy:
    Good news, sounds cosmetic, no frame problems or anything that will cause driving issues down the road. Did the Honda stop or continue on?

9. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM
    bj462taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Alberta canada
    no he stopped and waited for me to back up. then i followed him out to make sure he did not get stuck. I cryed the whole way home... lol

10. Mar 31, 2009 at 9:01 PM
    w8n4mud

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Bilsteins 5100's (Front & Rear), GrillCraft, Line-X'ed Skid Plate & Bumper Valence, Blacked out hood scoop, Avid Light Bar and much more.
    Oh yeah. I failed to mention I took it off when I went into the garage with a bike still attached to the roof. :eek: Memories...

11. Mar 31, 2009 at 9:13 PM
    bj462taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Alberta canada
    tell me you have pictures of that one. made me laugh so thanks

12. Mar 31, 2009 at 9:26 PM
    w8n4mud

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Nope! I wish I did. I make myself laugh remembering the stupid things I've done. I've got pictures of this one (would need to scan), but I one crashed my Frontier when I went over a razorback in the desert! Talk about stupid. I even made my airbag deploy after going over the edge and dropping about 40ft. Wait till you look back at this one a year from now. Either way, you and I are alive and well (ending on a corny note :D).

13. Mar 31, 2009 at 10:11 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Airaid Short Ram Intake, 285x75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZs, 16" Konig Countersteer rims, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I've got pictures from working up there myself. I was on a gas plant construction site as medical and safety supervisor. About 10kms from Fort Mckay. Good times. Had the company vehicle to beat up though. Kinda wish I could have taken my Taco out for a spin on those back roads though. Thanks to the safety of anonymity on the internet I can safely say I got air in the company truck on one of those back roads. So much fun.

Ever seen a Dodge 2500 Diesel airborne?

14. Mar 31, 2009 at 10:14 PM
    bj462taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Alberta canada
    thank you for the encouragements I'm off for the night but i will post pictures tomorrow.

15. Mar 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    sorry to hear about your misfortune.

16. Mar 31, 2009 at 10:51 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    That sucks pal, I know how you feel. My wife wanted a 4runner for years, and we finally were able to afford one. I backed it into a tree in broad daylight when it had 300 miles on it. She actually cried out loud when it happened. I felt like a jerk.

17. Apr 1, 2009 at 3:51 AM
    09TRD

09TRD it is what it is

Member:
    Oakwood GA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Not yet,
    That sucks, Sorry to hear about it

18. Apr 1, 2009 at 4:02 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Hey man sorry to here about that, hopefully everything will get fixed up for ya.
    Don't feel alone on this, alot of us have done that kind of thing and some of it probably worse. I ran the truck down the side of the garage in the daylight. Felt sick to my stomach and upset, but oh well what are you gonna do.

19. Apr 1, 2009 at 7:55 PM
    bj462taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Alberta canada
    Thank you all for listening. I will be posting pictures in a few moments

20. Apr 1, 2009 at 9:00 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic 09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff...I'm pretty sure
    East Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    Quite possibly, someday...
    Sorry man, hope it isn't as bad as you think. Although pics will tell the rest of the tale...take your time, no rush.

To Top