1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who's excited for UFC 137?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by SilverTacoEater, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Oct 12, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    speedfreek

speedfreek Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Alafreakingbama
    Vehicle:
    '12 370Z 6MT
    Haha RJ. You must haven't watched alot of his interviews. He says ridiculous stuff all the time to get a rise out of people.

I think he knows he got submitted. But instead of dwelling on it. He jokes around and is ready for the next shot. Don't take him literally!

2. Oct 12, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
    Yeah, I dont follow up with the post fight stuff as much as i should.
    But that just shocked me.. haha.. But everyone has their own way of doing shit i guess!

He beat Brian Stanns ASS though. Totally dominated! Hes hungry! Cant wait for this fight when anderson is 100%!!!

3. Oct 12, 2011 at 12:04 PM
    SilverTacoEater

SilverTacoEater [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    Here's a few others i found hilarious:

“[Anderson Silva's] got a black belt under the Nogueira's. I think a black belt under the Nogueira's is saying, like, I got a free toy in my Happy Meal. I don’t really understand what the big deal is. One of ’em’s a punching bag, and the other one I just ignore; he’s really irrelevant.”

“Machida is a gentleman. MMA is very cutthroat, and it’s sweet that Lyoto promised to never fight his girlfriend Anderson. That’s devotion.”

“I’d beat up Machida on the way to the ring to beat up Anderson, and I’ll kick Nogueria’s ass in the parking lot on the way to my after party.”

" I'm not laying underneath a grown man with my legs spread on world wide tv. Some guys subscribe to that theory but i'm a republican and we don't do that."

"You tell Anderson Silva I'm coming over and I'm kicking down his backdoor and patting his little lady on the ass and I'm telling her to make me a steak, medium-rare just how I like it."

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4. Oct 12, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    SilverTacoEater

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    He's usually pretty dominant when he fights. He's dominated Okami, Marquardt, Silva (til he got sub'd), Jason Miller and Stann. He's a good fighter. Probably the best wrestler in MMA, and he's got pretty good boxing too. He actually considered quiting wrestling and pursuing a boxing career.

5. Oct 12, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    GSP's the MAN!

I think BJ's done. After all the trash talking he did, he couldn't back all the hype he built up

6. Oct 12, 2011 at 12:51 PM
    SilverTacoEater

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    We'll see when he fights Diaz I guess. It's not like he's losing to cans though. All of his losses are to top teir guys like Edgar, GSP, and hell he even almost beat Machida at LHW. He's still an elite fighter in my opinion.

7. Oct 12, 2011 at 1:27 PM
    TacoBS

TacoBS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billyson
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite 4x4 DCLB
    2"/1" spacer/block (for now) Tailgate hoseclamp bedmat mod Marathon covers Weathertech mats
    Super stoked on this card. Thanks for your analysis OP! Hey if anyone is interested, I understand you can view any ufc live via www.flashsportstreams.tv for about $5. It'll broadcast on a number of different channels on fight day. Look under "schedule" for the listings.

8. Oct 12, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    Damn, I though Cro cop got axed? That dude needs to hang it up already... The GSP fight will most likely be another borring one.

Oh, and I hope Penn mops the floor with Diaz.

9. Oct 12, 2011 at 2:07 PM
    SilverTacoEater

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    Thanks for lookin out for your TW homies :thumbsup:

10. Oct 12, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    Tacomanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    Thanks for that man! I usally watch the fights for free on Sopcast, but sometimes they don't show them, like this past fight.

11. Oct 12, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    #3, 2015 SR AC 4x4 V6 6 speed
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
    CroCop was going to retire after the last fight but stated that he wanted to keep going and Dana agreed.
    I for one want him to win, he is getting old (for the sport) but the dude is a monster and I hope we get to see that monster one more time before he hangs it up.

The rest of the card I don't really have much of an opinion on... only going to be watching it to see Mirko fight.

12. Oct 12, 2011 at 7:04 PM
    RJALLDAY702

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
    Dude.. Hell yeah!

13. Oct 12, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    Tacomanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    Yeah, I hear ya.

I'm only interested in the Penn/Diaz fight. The GSP fight will probably end up being another snoozer.

14. Oct 12, 2011 at 8:37 PM
    TacoBS

TacoBS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billyson
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite 4x4 DCLB
    2"/1" spacer/block (for now) Tailgate hoseclamp bedmat mod Marathon covers Weathertech mats
    No sweat guys. Hard to justify $45 for a UFC PPV. Flashsports is worth the $5 (24hr access) and there's some other cool shit on the site too (rally races, rugby,nfl, all kinds of stuff). Streams are solid and they also show Strikeforce and WEC regularly, and tons of boxing if you're into it. Enjoy
    :cheers:

15. Oct 13, 2011 at 9:45 AM
    SilverTacoEater

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    It would be nice to see Mirko go out with a left high kick of death knockout over Roy Nelson. :eek:

I think i may be one of the only people that like to watch GSP fight. :eek: I love watching his tecnique and althletic ability. I've been doing jiu jits for a few years so I guess maybe I can just see those little things that most casual fans miss. It's kind of like American football plays for example. Most football players can read plays and see those almost unnoticeable blocks that make plays work.
    The only things that annoys me about GSP is he has the skill to put people away but he's afraid to do it because he doesnt want to make mistakes. :confused:

16. Oct 13, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    RJALLDAY702

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
    x2! He hasn't finished any fights latley! And he has the skill to do so!
    :(

17. Oct 13, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    SilverTacoEater

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    That's why i'm excited for him to fightboth Condit and Diaz! Both guys are very aggressive and good strikers, so there is a possibility of an upset or maybe this will change GSP's fighting style.

18. Oct 13, 2011 at 2:25 PM
    Tacomanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    Koscheck is also an aggressive stricker, but that fight ended up boring as well.

Hopefully Condit brings it, though! I wouldn't mind seeing GSP get knocked out, that way, we can have an exciting champion that isn't affraid to bring it in every fight instead of always playing it safe and going for points.

19. Oct 13, 2011 at 2:44 PM
    SilverTacoEater

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    well Koscheck is a grappler first. His striking is nowhere near as good as either Diaz' or Condits. I just think GSP was just way better striking and has the best wrestling style for MMA. We'll see though. Condits take down defense isn't all that great so you could be right and GSP could just take him down and stall on him. Good thing is Condit has a very good and active gaurd so he could pose some challenges for GSP there too and may be able to get back up to standing.

20. Oct 13, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    GP3

GP3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4X4 TRD Off Road
    Front: stock suspension, 12" wide fiberglass fenders Rear: stock suspension, 10" wide fiberglass fenders
    I've been waiting for this UFC to happen since it was rumored Diaz was coming back to the UFC. I was completely bummed out when White called off the GSP vs. Diaz fight. GSP wouldn't have known what to do with Diaz' striking.

GSP vs. Condit will be a snore-fest, typical GSP fight. I hope to see Condit win, but I'm betting it will be a 5 round GSP 'gameplan' win.

Penn vs. Diaz is the fight of the night.

I cannot wait.

Products Discussed in

To Top