1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who's from OREGON??

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by rvcahawaii808, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Dec 23, 2009 at 10:07 AM
    ekelley1985

ekelley1985 KelTek

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 4x4 double cab longbed
  2. Dec 23, 2009 at 10:12 AM
    ST77

ST77 Wandering doesn't mean you're lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sandy, Or
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Bone Stock
    I was at Olallie Lake a couple weeks ago... pretty good there too! We need to get a buch of guys for a good size run in the PacNW soon.

3. Dec 23, 2009 at 10:22 AM
    ekelley1985

ekelley1985 KelTek

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    nice, did you post any pics yet?

4. Dec 23, 2009 at 10:29 AM
    ST77

ST77 Wandering doesn't mean you're lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sandy, Or
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Bone Stock
    no pics yet...I moved the next weekend and as of right now I still havn't found the box that has my camera in it...

5. Dec 23, 2009 at 11:03 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    I'm sensing a trend here...

"Anyone do any wheeling? I'll go anytime! I guess no one wants to go anywhere." (this is usually posted by 3 people at once.. that's 3 people with availability, GET TOGETHER AND JUST DO IT.

"I want to go with people here. By the way, I went just yesterday, but I didn't mention I was going to go. No one wants to go anywhere I guess."
    :facepalm:

I'm not picking on anyone, just saying we need to get things in order.

Quit trying to organize everyone to a single humongous event. Get one other person committed to going, then post an open invite here. If no one shows, don't worry. The more events that get posted, the more chance that people can come to a few.

If you need a place to go, PM me. I'm still very novice to wheeling, but I have a running list of good places from easy to extreme and can probably make a recommendation, along with a fuel up/air up/eat up location and what to expect.

I know it can be intimidating trying to put something together if you are a new wheeler and don't want to go somewhere embarrassing - but I'll bet you there's 3 other guys who would go at a drop of a hat! Say what your experience is and how crazy you want to get, and you'll get a good group. I could care less if I'm driving a service road, driving an actual trail, or if I'm just riding shotgun with a camera in tow. I'll even go if it's just to cut down trees, shoot some guns, get out for mountain bikes, hike, or haul some rocks from a remote quarry up some mountain road. I'll eat a PBJ sandwich in the rain if the scenery is cool. We have what I consider the most awesome states for trucks, let's get out there and throw up a big finger to the highway whenever however we can!

If it's a wrenching event, give the details:
    -what you need done
    -what you can do, what knowledge you need from others
    -any tools you need?
    -do you need a garage?
    -where?
    -got a date in mind?
    As long as you have the location and experience, do it. Post here if it's open invitation for gawkers. There's a poor guy in Corvallis who I don't think got his lift put in yet because there was 20 guys with beer, 1 guy with a garage, 1 guy with tools, some grand idea of "WRENCH FEST '09", and no one committing to a date. :( Throw a date up and see what happens! If you are the guy with the garage, set a cap on how many can come!
    There's tons of knowledge here, plenty of willing hands, and no sense in having Les Schwab or a service guy take all the fun away from getting your hands on some metal and grease.

6. Dec 23, 2009 at 11:09 AM
    ekelley1985

ekelley1985 KelTek

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    i feel the same way, i got 3 or 4 buddies that are ready to go at the drop of a dime. were pretty much down for whatever, i just dont like small trails because of my new truck!

7. Dec 23, 2009 at 1:31 PM
    rvcahawaii808

rvcahawaii808 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cameron
    beaverton
    Vehicle:
    04 limited T4R 4x4
    haha. im that poor guy from corvallis, but its alright because im back home in hawaii for my christmas break! but um, i cant do car work in my garage because of the lease agreement and i dont have the tools so i'll work around everyone elses schedule, one guy said they were off till the 4th of jan, which works for me.

id be down to do some wheeling but ive got a pre-runner :cool: only off roading ive really done is in the sand, so i dont have much experience going up hills and such.

8. Dec 23, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    Just post up a new thread that answers the questions I outlined, and the Tacomaworld genie will grant all your wishes.

Except for monetary wishes. It's kinda bad with those.

I'd like to have another trek back to Barlow Road or Goat Mountain. I think those would be very prerunner friendly.

9. Jan 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    Redfox458

Redfox458 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport Access Cab
    Ok so looks like this thread is starting to die down a bit. I'm a local guy (Milwaukie, OR), and I'd like to see if anybody out there would care to give me a ride in some trucks? I'm totally up in the air about a few things and desperately need some help.

I have an 07 TRD Sport Access cab with a 6 speed. Getting tired of the manual tranny and no cab space. Thinking maybe a '10 TRD Sport double cab long bed with an auto?

Also looking at several types of lifts...and I have NO idea which way to go. 5100s, Revtek (I see TONS of tacomas around here with the Revtek kits), full OME kit....man, I'm so confused :confused:

I dont heavily wheel my truck, some some light weekend stuff here and there, but I do a lot of camping, hunting, fishing, and have got into some sticky situations, so I'd like a lift and some bigger wheels and tires, just for insurance :)

So I'm hoping somebody will include me if there's a get together, I wanna see some other rigs (haven't even sat in a double cab), and ride in a few to decide which lift to go with. I've got some mechanical aptitude and do pretty good work, so I'm down for helping with whatever!

10. Jan 4, 2010 at 6:07 AM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    i'll let you drive my reg cab hehe,you'll appreciate the AC better.
    As far as lifts go they rob sag for lift,unless you do the whole long travel stuff, i'd go small on the lift like 1.8" max, but thats me and i did'nt lift mine.

11. Jan 4, 2010 at 8:34 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    A DB LB is a very long truck. what are you doing that you need the bed? At this point I would be looking at a size up.

PM me sometime and I can talk about what I did. RelentlessTaco is also a great source, and Wheeler's Offroad is great for advice as well.
    The reason you see so many Revtek lifts is because that's what Les Schwab sells.

12. Jan 4, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    06TRDsport

06TRDsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 F250 Diesel and 1999 4Runner

I just did the same upgrade that your thinking of doing. I went from an access cab 06 sport to a '10 double cab long bed sport. My main complaint is not having a mechanical lsd anymore. If you ever happen to be on this side of the mountain let me know and I will let you drive mine. Oh and I have camburg coil overs with TC ucas in the front and an add a leaf in the rear.

13. Jan 7, 2010 at 1:14 AM
    Redfox458

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I'm actually wanting to keep the long bed because I have a quad that I usually stuff back there, with the long bed, my quad literally squeaks by into the bed, tailgate touches the back tires when closed. I want the 4 door for other misc gear and people hauling ability....and the automatic vs the manual probably speaks for itself lol

14. Jan 7, 2010 at 1:27 AM
    Redfox458

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks to everybody for the offers, I can definitely use all the help I can get. I've thought about upsizing to a full size truck like the Tundra, but I love the Tacomas so much! That, and I don't tow and haul stuff enough to truly justify the V-8. It would just be nice to transport 4 people and enough camping gear for all of us. Maybe thats when I throw a canopy on, cram people in the back, and get a trailer? :rofl:

So obviously I'm out of the loop on the new rear LSD. Non mechanical?

15. Jan 7, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    06TRDsport

06TRDsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 F250 Diesel and 1999 4Runner
    The sports now have a auto-lsd, which applies brakes to the tire that is spinning. They also have traction control. The traction control can be turned off, but that also kills the auto-lsd. Therer are plenty of threads on here that explain it in detail.

16. Oct 11, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    Tacomafinally

Tacomafinally Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD 4x4
    Truck is sold
    Hey Oregonian Taco owners!

I have 4 bilstein 5100 shocks hanging out in my garage with a 1.5 Toytec AAl on order. Is there anyone close to Portland with experience who can help me do the install? I humored myself with 4wheelparts and Central on a couple of quotes and they were both around $400.

If anyone has done the 5100's and/or AAL before and is willing to help I'd provide beer and pizza (or whatever grub).

I'm free on weekday nights and weekends. My garage has limited tools, but nonetheless, is a garage with lighting.

Let me know if anyone is interested in lending a helping hand; thank you!!

17. Oct 11, 2010 at 4:24 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    I can help with tools and muscle. I don't have a jack though.

I've done this once before so I have a very generalized sense of it (wasn't hard), but it would be nice to have a bit more experienced person so we dial everything in right.

18. Oct 12, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    If you want call superior offroad, there located in gresham and then should be cheaper then anyone else if you cant get anyone from PDX to help.

19. Oct 13, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    Tacomafinally

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD 4x4
    Truck is sold
    Thank you very much for jumping on this, I really appreciate it. Let's see if we can get a more experienced person to commit and we'll get a date set up. Thanks again!

20. Oct 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    Tacomafinally

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD 4x4
    Truck is sold
    Thanks for the advice. have you gone to Superior Offroad before? If so, what was your experience?

To Top