1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

whos got the best bows?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by vtragweed, Oct 21, 2009.

?

whos the best?

Poll closed Nov 20, 2009.
  1. Hoyt

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Parker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mathews

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. other, please comment!

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. pse

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. bowtech

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Oct 28, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    texasbowhunter

texasbowhunter Third Coast

Member:
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab 4x4 TRD
    Tinted Windows, Moto Metal 955's, Cooper 305/70/16 STT's, Deckplate Mod.,AFE Pro Dry, Toytec Coilovers, 2" AAL, Diff. Drop, Bilstein 5100's On the Corners, Alpine 10" Sub, Alpine 305 Head, Polk Mids
    I love my Bowtech but everyones different. Before I bought mine I shot as many different brands as I could get my hands on. In the end it comes down to what you shoot the best and are most comfortable with.
    [​IMG]

2. Oct 30, 2009 at 9:06 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i have a mathews switchback XT. i am deadly accurate at the range...on a live animal, i get the tremors...i do decent, but i need to calm the hell down.

i love my bow. i always said, that i would by another when i killed enough with it...but i dont know. i love my bow.

honestly, they are all good nowdays. bowtech had a few limbs blow up, but they backed their product up. nice company.

3. Apr 21, 2010 at 4:20 PM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    Here are our hunting bows, his and hers Mathews DXTs. Check out this bow
    holder i made out of pvc pipe. We shoot out our upstairs window, it works great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Jan 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    N8iV Warrior

N8iV Warrior Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Indian Reservation Not by Choice
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Dble Cab Trd Sport 6" fabtech lift
    6" Fabtech lift, 34" tires , AFE Cold air intake, Cobra wxst75 cb, Rocky Mountain Radar, L.e.d Headlights, L.e.d maplights,dome light, license plate lights, Tinted frnt windows 35% to match rear windows. ARB bumper with XD-9000 Warn Winch, Pro-Tech HeadAche rack with Pro-Tech Toolbox, Icon Front Coilovers for 6" Fabtech lift, Blacked out Taillights PIAA plasma ION 520 Lights, AFE CAI Pro Dry S Filter, 22" Led light bar, Yakima Mega Warrior basket
    I have shot a mathew's for about 2 yrs and killed a nice bull elk that scored 345 6/8 s mad ethe book for Non Typical with that bow now i bought a new bow that is faster and lighter, shooting about 315 fps.

5. Jan 19, 2011 at 10:58 PM
    tsab916

tsab916 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    02 DC 4x4
    I love my dxt but with these days bows you can't go wrong with any of them

6. Jan 19, 2011 at 11:41 PM
    Firefighter160

Firefighter160 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Eastern VA
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Offroad
    I am getting a Bowtech Assassin they have an ibo of 333 and are very forgiving to shoot.

7. Jan 20, 2011 at 2:44 PM
    225nontypical

225nontypical ????????????

Member:
    backwoods
    Vehicle:
    11 tundra DC TRD OffRoad
    bilstein 5100's weather tech floor mats katskinz leather heated seats
    the best bow out there

THE ONE THAT FITS YOU THE BEST AND THE ONE YOU SHOOT THE BEST!

every major company (and some small one to) make high quality bows and it is all a matter of preference what feels the best. i learned something a long time ago with bows. do not worry about the name on the bow shoot what feels the best in your hands. i have owned bows by most major manufacturers and to date i can not tell you one is better then the other. but when i got these bows it was because at the time they felt the best to me.

8. Jan 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM
    bgdeer1

bgdeer1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    minooka il
    Vehicle:
    tacoma prerunner
    3 inch lift in back 1 1/2 front. 31' mesa A/T's. Alpine deck, alpine speakers, l5 kicker solo baric sub
    [​IMG]

Ok simple, my dad started shooting mathews when he was young. He had a LX n passed it down to me 2 years ago. He went to a switch back. I used the lx for awhile and loved it! Then i got a job and started making money and i went into my local shop and shot 3 bows cause i had 3 on my mind. Monster, for the speed reezen because it looked cool, DXT cuz of the size and speed it packed with such a small bow. I shot the monster first, hated it, hard to draw to long didnt feel right. Reezen same thing, big hard to draw no let off. DXT Small, light, fast, major let off= longer holding time, able to shoot multiple times because of that reason, tight patterns when shooting everything felt amazing. I bought the DXT, fitted me perfect, loved the way it fit me. Im not like everyone else and jump on the band wagon n say mathes mathews mathews!!! BUT i will say, If u have the extra $$ and want a solid company who makes and has made bows for many years now with much experience u will get what u pay for and to be honest. Mathews is the only bow i will shoot. AMAZING bows. If u have not shot a mathews u need to atleast go ask to shoot one to try. I promise u, u will fall in love, bring your check book or go to the atm bring a lil bit of extra cash.
    If u want a bow that you will feel comfortable with no matter how long its been since u shot u will always be able to count on the mathews to get the job done. guarenteed.

Like i said, i am no bandwagon jumper but i started off mathews n mathews is what i will shoot till i die. Im hooked.

Also, I have shot many bows before shooting those 3, ex. bear,hoyt,pse,bowtech,browning,elite.

Give mathews a shot, BUT lemme say this. It will probably be your last =D your gonna be hooked like me. Mathews has many bows to fix many ppl. Tall short, fast,medium,slow. Heavy draw bows for big boys, and the key for experienced shooters.

It also depends on what u will use it for. Why u ask?
    For ex. Hunting?Comp shooting? for fun? mathews has something for all 3.

After reading this, If u have any ??'s feel free to ask me, Im a bow geek and can asnwer most questions about mathews or bows or hunting in general.

Thanks, ken

9. Jan 20, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    udy2554

udy2554 NORTHERN RED-NECK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    I've had 3 different Hoyts in the last 18 years. First real bow was a Hoyt Super Slam. 43" long, quiet and forgiving but not very fast. My first NEW bow was a Hoyt Cybertec. Loved it and fast, but very short brace height.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I went lefty, after I herniated a disc in my neck, and shot a Bear Truth for 2 years. Got it used to see if I could hunt lefty. After deciding to stay lefty I got a Hoyt Maxxis 31 Bone Collector. It's fast, (311fps. with a fully dressed Flatliner for hunting), very quiet, and I'm shooting a 4" group at 60yrds. with it. It's a tack driver out to 40! I will own and hunt with this for the next 10 years if I'm able.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I wanna go shoot!

Products Discussed in

To Top