1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

who's sick of "go green?"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Neal11, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:48 AM
    Neal11

Neal11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Neal
    Lagrange, GA
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF-ROAD
    Trd CAI, Tacoma Bed Mat, Bull Bar, Tube Steps, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T's
    i'm am so sick and tired of hearing about going green and global warming!! these people are crazy to believe that man can alter the climate!!

2. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:49 AM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    I just farted and it felt like it got a few degrees warmer. Does that count?

3. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:50 AM
    tim920

tim920 Never seen Forest Gump

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V6
    I try to help save the earth when I can. I don't go out of my way. I'm too lazy to walk 30 seconds to the lounge and throw away my bottle so I throw it in my trash. I collect my cans in my office then give it to someone less fortunate. At home....forgetabout it. Plastic in the trash!

4. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:50 AM
    tim920

tim920 Never seen Forest Gump

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V6

:laugh::laugh:

5. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:51 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    Why? By going green you can help keep your city clean, and save some money in the process.

6. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:53 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    I dont hate the idea. I hate the term "going green" Evryone is using it for everything. It does get old quick. Glad Im not alone on this. Thanks!!

7. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:53 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    I don't really care about this. Some girl in a hybrid came up to me the otherday cause it was cold out and you could see the exhause coming out. She was screaming and pointing saying I was poluting, I just put it in nutural and revved the engine :p

8. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:53 AM
    Neal11

Member:
    First Name:
    Neal
    Lagrange, GA
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF-ROAD
    Trd CAI, Tacoma Bed Mat, Bull Bar, Tube Steps, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T's
    you ate beef and it caused you to fart!:p now they're saying that cows pollute the air and consume too much water. they want us to go to a vegetarian diet!! i dare someone to remove a steak from in front of me!:mad:

9. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    Neal11

Member:
    First Name:
    Neal
    Lagrange, GA
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF-ROAD
    you should have told her that her mouth was polluting your ears.:D

10. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    im sick of hearing it

11. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:56 AM
    gozar

gozar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off-Road 6 speed manual
    I'm for it when it saves money, and keeps the air and water clean.
    Against it when it is just another lever for politicians to pry money out of our pockets with.

12. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:57 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    Haha, but I do my part. I recycle and make sure not to litter. But I don't go out of my way to help. I want my truck so I'm not going to get a Prius.

13. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:57 AM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    I'm pretty sick of hearing this term as well. The whole notion, while I believe it can have a positive effect on our environment, is one big commercial ploy. You look at everything that says "green" or "eco friendly" or whatever the term the companies use, and these products are higher in price than the reg. ones. If you look at some of the ingredients/chemicals, there isn't much of a difference. It's a disappointment that a good idea that could help the environment is being pig-tailed on by corporations to make a penny out of consumers...

14. Oct 30, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    steelerfan7p

steelerfan7p My other car is a Bugatti

Member:
    First Name:
    Yes
    Fairmont, WV (1 Hour South of the City of Champi
    Vehicle:
    Non-TRD, Non-SR5, Non- Prerunner
    Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Metra IPod Adapter, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, I was added to the truck to make it better, so does that count as a Mod?
  15. Oct 30, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    Neal11

Member:
    First Name:
    Neal
    Lagrange, GA
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF-ROAD
    the link is broken. are talking about mr. eco-friendly gore's house?:D the celebs are a bunch of phonies too! by the way, i like the ephesians qote!:D

16. Oct 30, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    I think a little common sense and modest effort is a good way to go about it. I don't subsribe to showering in rain water collected on my roof or watering my garden with dishwater.

I don't litter, bring cloth bags to the store with me and recycle my paper and plastic. These things take little effort.

I will say that that vortex of partially broken down plastic 2x's the size of Texas in the Pacific is disturbing.

That and dumping some of the shit (mercury, etc) 'we' dump into the waterways is the kind of stuff that will get us down the road, being as one thing that makes this planet habitable while others are not is the water. We end up ingesting all of that stuff ourselves down the road.

Only an imbecile could ignore that.

17. Oct 30, 2009 at 9:25 AM
    rutherk1

rutherk1 ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver TRD 4door
    Going green is a ploy. Its a scam. It was invented to create an industry. A taxable one at that. To sell more expensive shit that we don't need. The only way to go green is to buy less products. Making 10,000,000 chinese lighbulbs is not really the green way to go.

Take the prius for example. Nickle mined in canada, shipped to europe for processing, then shipped to China to make the batteries, then shipped to Japan for installation.

Not very green.

Remember that the liberals are about "feeling good" not about doing good. If a liberal will buy a car that pollutes more but makes them "feel" better about what they are doing, it will be a hit with them.

18. Oct 30, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    Neal11

Member:
    First Name:
    Neal
    Lagrange, GA
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF-ROAD
    you're right. celebrities and politicians will tell you to "go green" while they're flying around in their jets! they want you to give up your trucks or suv while they have their limos!

19. Oct 30, 2009 at 9:44 AM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Just east of crazy

Member:
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Toyo A30 tires, Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover.
    +1.

20. Oct 30, 2009 at 9:51 AM
    Gingrbredman

Gingrbredman Love the Tick!

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab Sport 4WD
    I love watching the DIY network but if I hear one more person talk about "going green" or "eco friendly" I'm going to find them and run them over with my not so green truck.

Like many around here, I'm not against doing my part but I don't walk around my office spouting buzz words just so people notice me. You should have been doing it anyway, you don't need to freaking annoy everyone with it.

From a home improvement project example: Cork flooring and Bamboo flooring are made for products that renew faster don't require as much mass destruction of forests. The products should be cheaper, but because they are "eco friendly" they are twice the price of oak flooring...just supid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top