1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why are INDY cars so ugly ?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by OZ-T, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Jun 23, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    FearNothing321

FearNothing321 You gonna eat that taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Audi S3
    yes

2. Jun 23, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    FearNothing321

FearNothing321 You gonna eat that taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Audi S3
    I just looked it up and they are currently running V6 engines

3. Jun 23, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T [OP] You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I just noticed that during the pit stops in this race

4. Jun 27, 2012 at 7:57 AM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    The Indy cars are bad ass. They made the changes due to increased speeds and to improve the safety factor as well. After loosing some great drivers the last few years, it was a change overdue. I also think that since we have more new young drivers and few old timers left , they wanted thier own car. No different than Nascar ,when Dale SR. passed away..the car needed inprovements to match the repaved tracks ,better tires, improved handling and suspensions. The old Indy cars were designed to fall apart when hit, thus , they thought displaced the force of the crash to all parts of the car. This was found untrue in controlled Indy crashes, The actually went to Nascar for some pointers. They decided to rebuild the cars, smart idea if you ask me. The cockpits are now molded around the drivers and they use a lot if carbon fiber parts compared to fiberglass,and resins. The car was designed to take an impact and not fall apart so much , the drivers are more proteced when they "pour" them in the car, compared to just throwing any seat on there and gassin it.
    I think it was a great improvement. Some people dont like change, but most of the time it is for the best as it was in this case. My two cents..

Products Discussed in

To Top