1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why does suspension clunk?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by rzimm001, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Nov 23, 2009 at 1:47 AM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Mid-travel
    King 2.5 coilovers w/ resi and adjustable compression. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Light Racing UCA's. Glassworks fenders. DMZ bed cage. King 2.5x14 smoothbody remote resi shocks in the rear. Icon progressive add a leaf 1.5" lift. Race radio (2meter). Removed swaybar. Removed front mud flaps. Removed secondary carbon air filter. Magnaflow exhaust. Phram fresh air cabin filter. Sirius satellite radio. HID headlights high/low beam and fog lights. Remote start system. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo with 10" subwoofer, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, TRD seat covers.
    I love wheeling on the trails near my house in so cal but they are definitely rough in some places. Nonetheless I feel like I'm experiencing excessive suspension clunk when I'm wheeling over the small rocky sections. I have Icons all the way around, front set to 2.5", rear has a deaver leaf pack. As for tires I have a 255/75R17 BFG KM. I always air down to about 20psi in the front and rear which helps tremendously but its still not enough. Works great in the smooth stuff and I've even jumped it with impressive results. However the rocky sections can be a nightmare.

My guess is it has something to do with the tire size. Anybody have an opinion on this tire? Where did I go wrong? Would a 285/70R17 be the answer? Thanks for any help.

2. Nov 23, 2009 at 1:52 AM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    sounds almost like ur fully extending the shocks. i get that in the front of mine sometimes

3. Nov 23, 2009 at 6:42 AM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    i get the same thing only on big pot holes on the street, normal.

To Top