1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

why is this site so pro-LEO ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by sunflower, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    Saskquatch11

Saskquatch11 TRUCK YEAH

Member:
    so you were just being a dickhead?

2. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    JayDawg

JayDawg Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sterling, Co. via San Diego, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab TRD Off Road Package
    4-PIAA 80 Racing Series Off Road Lights, Randy Ellis Design Light Bar, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Rear Leaf TSB, Mickey Thompson Classic Lock wheels, fog light mod, more to come...
    I am a LEO sort of. I work in a prison but am considered a sworn peace officer. It's just that my jurisdiction is inside of prison walls instead of outside of them. Why don't you pm me with how you feel the officers were out of line at a D.U.I. checkpoint? I am really curious on this one. Or if the mods don't care, please share your experience because I am almost willing to bet, they weren't out of line, but you don't understand things from their perspective.

Let me give an example. About 2 years ago, we had an escape take place. The only one to ever happen at our facility and the guy went through a lethal electric fence. The only one I believe in the nation. Shocked everyone. (no pun intended) When we were out searching for said inmate, we had people angry with us because we would not let them down the dirt roads they lived. Our reasons though were a few fold. First, we had fresh tracks that we did not want disturbed but second, we still did not know the inmates exact location but knew he was close by. We also did not know if he was armed or had any weapons and as a result, the less the public was around where he was at, the more likely we were to keep them safe which is our main mission statement and objective.

So please explain to me how you felt these officers were out of line? And if they truly were, then report them to their supervisors. Sure, it happens on occasion where one has a bad day or a bad one gets by the hiring process but I can guarantee you the percentage is actually very small. Like less than 1%.

3. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    So why was there an issue?

Let me guess... you pulled into the checkpoint with your windows up, the cop stopped you, you only rolled your window down an inch, and all you said in answer to his questions was "Am I free to go or an I being detained?"

That's how it started isn't it.

4. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM
    mizzac

mizzac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mac
    Montana/CO
    Vehicle:
    Yota-less
    Stickers
    So retell your story, or if any of the mods are watching can you bring back said post?

They said they wont delete this one so lets hear the story. If the leo was indeed in the wrong then you have nothing to hide.

5. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:08 PM
    JeremyGrey

JeremyGrey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TX Pro Prerunner
    K, tell us your story

6. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    I got stopped in Nevada one time after filling up at a gas station. A liquor store must have gotten robbed or something across the street and the deputies did a felony stop on me as soon as I got back on the interstate. That was interesting. I got boxed in and everything. He was very polite. Asked for my license, asked where I was headed, and why I had stopped coming out of the gas station. I was keeping a log of my mileage since I was driving across country, I asked him if he would like to see it since that was what I was writing in when I stopped. He told me no and have a safe trip home.

7. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    Jay9722

Jay9722 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    South carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Access Cab 4wd
    Bullshit. I can't tell you how many lying assholes have called and filed complaints against me for random bullshit. Every single complaint was unfounded. The in-car video and audio saved the day every time. In this age of politically correct pussy bullshit we have to be prepared to defend ourselves against every bullshit allegation you make. And some of the public refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions. They will lie to get an officer fired for doing his/her job.

8. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    Cypherian

Cypherian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Corrupt or Power Junky Police Hmm there must not be corrupt or power hungry people in other professions? Alot of professions are held to a higher standard ie DR's Lawyers, Judge's, Fire Fighter's, Etc etc etc and when they screw up its on the front page of the paper. When John or Jane Q Public screws up most of the time it's not in the news paper on the news etc because? It doesn't sell newspapers or get ratings. Consider your a person working behind a counter some where or in a shop you have a customer who gets out of hand with you insulting you , your profession, up to and including spitting or taking a swing at you. Now you as a person can handle your self so you defend yourself and when its all over and done and the cops are called reports filled out etc etc will you see this scuffle in the news paper or on tv? No you won't but let someone in one of the careers that are held to a higher standard do the same thing and its lawsuits and newspaper and tv headlines all over the place. If you had bad dealings with the a person in a certain profession don't paint the whole profession with a broad brush and consider all people in that profession are the same.

Cypher

Btw take a close look at my avatar it tells you sort of what I currently do for a living though not on the street. I work inside with 1700 plus people who society has said can't be trusted to live among and play well with others. Let me know when you want to come walk a tier or a yard by yourself with a radio and your wits or hell even my 4 footed partner and see what we deal with. Hence, before casting disparaging remarks on people in professions you know nothing about walk a mile in thier shoes..

9. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    sunflower

sunflower [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    When you became a police officer, did you swear to uphold the constitution of the united states of america ?

10. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    That's odd... felony stops usually are never allowed to enter the highway. F stops are much different than a t-stop. But regardless, good example. If you "match the description" you night might suck, but its for everyone's protection. Be polite and cooperate and your good to go :)

11. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM
    Nunavut

Nunavut Eh oh, Canada go.

Member:
    Canada
    Bull shit.

12. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM
    Btnewman

Btnewman Benjamin Newman

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Grand Junction co
    Vehicle:
    Uh. It's beat to he//. But it's only 1 owner.
    Custom body work/damage ARB rear locker Bumpers Shocks Other parts Tires and Rims Air tank fully plumbed into truck "Golf ball mod"
    I strongly thank everyone in law enforcement. Its one of the toughest jobs i can possibly think of. there is little positive (always dealing with trouble) high risk, high mental stress. and yet, the ones that love and respect their job are still some of the best most stand up people I have ever met despite the threats, and constant dealing with other peoples stupid shit.

In dealing with foster kids and group home kids, I have earned the upmost respect for people in law enforcement. Just in hearing the kids stories, and having law enforcement show up when a situation is outright dangerous for kids and everyone else around. again, I thank everyone in law enforcement.

13. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    tvbd56

tvbd56 Epic Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sacramento, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black DCLB OR 4x4
    So are you going to tell your story, or just keep pushing at other people?

14. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    sunflower

Member:
    So your car video and audio saved you ? Thats good. Thats why I video and audio everything with cops so it will save me. However, cops dont like it when citizens video and audio even though its a constitutional right.

Think about that when you are on duty and have courage and stand up and speak out against fellow officers who trample those constutional rights.

You have a gun to protect you but here in California we arent allowed to protect ourselves so we rely on audio and video in many cases.

15. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    sunflower

Member:
    My story was deleted. I wont repeat it again. If you dont like that then blame the mods, not me.

16. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    JeremyGrey

JeremyGrey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TX Pro Prerunner
    415 means break. He is gonna uphold the constitution after he finishes his sandwich.

17. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    He did tell me he stopped me cause it appeared I was watching their investigation.

18. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM
    Jay9722

Jay9722 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    South carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Access Cab 4wd
    You have NO clue. I have had people call and complain because I was running with my lights and siren through traffic to an armed robbery in progress. They reported the number on my car and said I was reckless and should be reprimanded. Yup. And all they say is they are calling as a "concerned citizen." I've been doing this for 17 years so don't tell me bullshit.

19. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    Hey, I'm not trying to offend anyone, in my opinion I just don't think a good number of police work for the citizens, they work above them and if an officer wanted to fuck up your night, day, week they pretty much can and they know that. So officers will use that to push you around. One of the most important things I have been told is to just not talk to cops and don't tell them anything. Nothing you tell an officer will help you. How often have you stopped someone or detained someone and just let them go because of what they old you even if they were telling the truth. Nothing you tell an officer will help you and in the end it can and will be spun around to hurt you.

20. Jun 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    mizzac

mizzac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mac
    Montana/CO
    Vehicle:
    Yota-less
    Stickers
    Will you tell your story instead of just hiding behind your small little comments? Your not gaining anyones sympathy here and until you clarify your just gonna make yourself look like an asshat.

I have never heard of an officer denying video or audio evidence, again find me an example and I will admit I am wrong.

As for your California problem, that's just cuz cali is fucked up...everyone knows that. The gun is to protect them from idiots, the video and audio is to protect them from people like you, also idiots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top