1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why Lease?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Capt Jrod, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Mar 23, 2017 at 6:54 AM
    Capt Jrod

Capt Jrod [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jarrod
    Northern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    15 WHITE DCSB 4x4 TRD SPORT
    With out starting a holy war here... I seriously can't understand why anyone leases a taco. Now I realize the 3rd gens have had some first run bugs, but historically the resale is insane on these trucks. I see my 2015 DCSB TRD sport selling for close to what I paid. I just saw the lease deal for my truck new... $3899 at signing and $289/mo for 36 months. $14,302 total out of pocket.... For a $37,000 truck, you would have $22,698 left to pay. Yes there is interest not in this calculation. but interest is really low right now. I would guess the value of a 3 year taco with 36,000 miles to be upwards of $28,000. If you have the ability to write off a lease then you have the ability to write off the miles. So far I figure my 2015 has only lost $3000 in depreciation. It makes me want to go buy three new tacos and lease them out. I'd damn near get a free truck for leasing three.

2. Mar 23, 2017 at 6:55 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    In before finance wars.

Capt Jrod[OP] likes this.
  3. Mar 23, 2017 at 7:05 AM
    Capt Jrod

Capt Jrod [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jarrod
    Northern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    15 WHITE DCSB 4x4 TRD SPORT
    I have a hemet on...:crapstorm::crapstorm::crapstorm::crapstorm::crapstorm::crapstorm::crapstorm::crapstorm::crapstorm::crapstorm:

Luckily I don't have a man-bun, or a Bernie sticker on my bumper. Thick skin and broad shoulders. Ain't no snowflakes around here!

Products Discussed in

To Top