1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why no temp/direction for 2015 Tacomas

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lynlan1819, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Nov 5, 2019 at 9:37 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah -----------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 4R ORP
    2nd gen are all over the place with what info they offer. Some have compass, some have compass and temp, some have nothing. It's not trim level that determines it so much as model year. My 06 SR5 had nothing. My 12 SR5 had compass, temp, rearview monitor in the mirror, and homelink. My 14 TRD Baja has compass only. Why they took a step back in 13-15 model years is anyone's guess.

IDGAF about compass since my GPS gives that info but I'd like a thermometer if only to see proximity to freezing. However, I hate Homelink so much that I just removed the mirror and installed a base mirror with no extras...

Andocalrisian likes this.
  2. Nov 5, 2019 at 9:44 AM
    Minny Taco

Minny Taco For the Horde!

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off Road DCSB
    - Dobinsons shocks and leaf pack - Level 8 MK6 wheels - 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs load C - SPC UCA - Moog LCA - TRD Pro headlights - Bullet Proof Fab skid plate w/ Line-X - 3M Matte Black roof vinyl - Astrostart remote - Debadged - Black shifter bezel - Front window tint 50% - Color matched grill surround - MESO LED red/white map lights - Osram Super Bright H4 bulbs - Headlight Services upgraded wiring harness - Auxito LED reverse lights - Zulu Nylon Gear MOLLE visor cover - Truxedo Lo Pro QT tonneau - Weathertech floor mats - Weathertech vent visors - Redline Tuning Elite hood struts - OEM bed mat - AJT Design custom shift knob - AJT Design custom climate knobs - Center console organizer - Salex glove box organizer - 1" driver seat spacers - AntennaX 14" antenna - AVS door sill protectors - Trimmed OEM mud flaps - Candyapple red tow hook - Painted pinch weld and radiator frame - Custom radio knobs from Hondo Garage - Xtunes black tail lights - Black LED third brake light - Ruff Tuff Kryptek Typhon seat covers - ACEkraut license plate relocation bracket - Cali Raised Side Shooter ditch lights w/ lo-pro mounts - Subaru tweeters + Rockford Fosgate speakers - Thinkware F800 Pro dash cam - Stickers n shit
    I would like a thermometer in my '15, but since I'm not living Oregon Trail I don't care about the compass as much.

3. Nov 5, 2019 at 9:59 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I have RC so no ovh console of either type. I actually scored the bracket to put on roof to mount factory console and a factory console like yours with sunglass holder to hide garage door opener in. Was going to need to modify headliner to make it work but went with Bob Gentex 341 setup with autodim/compass/temp/homelink/map lights with amber display. Wiring harness/sensor came with. $150. Saved a lot of time and work ..............

4. Nov 5, 2019 at 8:08 PM
    johnny340

johnny340 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport

I'm starting to think that this Gentex 453? (which was originally suggested I know) is the easiest way to go now. I'm getting over the fact that Toyota removed the temp reading in an otherwise perfect mirror. So with this Gentex 453 mirror I'd need to run the temp sensor wire to the existing sensor that is also being used by the a/c? Or do I need a new sensor? Also, I think of temperature in Celsius not Fahrenheit..(pilot and Canadian) Is the readout a adjustable or does it match a vehicle already set in metric?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  5. Nov 6, 2019 at 1:12 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Run the sensor to middle of truck behind grill on center support. Celsius or Fahrenheit should be swappable. Contact the Bob's Mirror guy and tell him what you need and he'll hook you up. He can even customize display colors.

http://www.bobsmirrors.com/

@RJP869

johnny340 likes this.
  6. Nov 10, 2019 at 8:00 PM
    looking

looking Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2014 Sport DCLB 4x4 Barcelona Red
    You would need a new sensor. Ask Bob your specific questions. I put the
    453 Homelink with temperature and compass in my 2014 Sport 4x4. It works great. Relay to Bob about being in Canada and other questions you have.

Products Discussed in

To Top