1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why the hell do dealers care/discourage the damn TSB Springs?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 4X42HEL, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Sep 25, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    TacoBaja

TacoBaja Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Upon getting a similar run-around at the dealer I called this number - Toyota (something or other) - they knew of the TSB and were a significant help to have my springs replaced.

At the dealer I had spoken with the service writer, a technician (who would eventually do the work) all to no avail.

Toyota called the dealership and spoke with the "Customer Relations Director" at the dealership - she then co-ordinated with Toyota to have the springs replaced. It took awhile but worked out to suit me.

Toyota # I called to start things working was 800-331-4331

John

2. Sep 25, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Awesome info, thank you!

3. Sep 25, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    For Colton, and those of you that think the dealership service dept is gonna play hard to please on the rear spring TSB...

I highly recommend the call to Toyota...establish a file and a case #. They (Toyota customer service) will email your dealership service manager with the TSB info and TSB #.

It makes it a whole lot easier when you call the service dept when you can say, "I've spoken to Toyota with my problem...they gave me this TSB # and asked me to contact my dealer service dept. to have this repair done"

It's what I did after having a bad experience at another dealership (one closer to home, but not my selling dealership...Quality Imports Toyota in Ft. Walton Beach...they suk donkey nads. I had another bad experience with them back in 1994...but that's another story. I was willing to give them another chance...I even visited them when I was looking to buy the current truck...no deal there...actually they insulted me with a super low-ball offer on my trade...did I mention they suk? ).

I figured, when I contacted my selling dealership...this time I would have my guns loaded. Fortunately, for me...I didn't have to use any ammo, as my selling dealer was OK with it. Maybe the service manager getting that email from Toyota helped?

I think it may have. Because when I was at the dealership a week after buying my truck, to pickup a bed mat...I casually brought up the spring TSB issue to a service advisor in passing. He was quick to discount it and come back with "don't believe everything you read on the Internet"

It's all water under the bridge now...as I have the TSB done, and I was treated extra well by the service dept. at Panama City Toyota. They ordered the parts over the phone without having me come in for an "inspection". This saved me a 100 mile round trip.

4. Sep 25, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    Incognito

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Larry, really appreciate the information, thank you. :)

5. Sep 25, 2010 at 7:21 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    No problem my friend...us conservatives look out for each other. :thumbsup:

Hell, I even look out for liberals...and I pray for their sanity...God knows they need it. :p

Can't wait for November...it's gonna be a blood bath. :D

6. Sep 25, 2010 at 7:26 PM
    Incognito

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Larry, truer words have never been spoken... :cheers:

7. Sep 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Thanks Larry .... :D .... you must have read my facebook political view (Political Views: When did Liberal become a bad word?)

..... I'll pray for you my friend..... ;).

8. Sep 25, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    Liberal became a bad word when the left wing loons took over the democratic party. And I say this with due respect.

The far left was able to do it's takeover with the aid of the mostly liberal news media...they are water carriers for the loons. FACT.

Something you will not see on the right. Meaning you will not see the far right loons take over the GOP. Matter of fact...the Tea Party Patriots are making a huge impact on the GOP...and contrary to what the MSM "reports"...the T-Party is not a bunch of right wing loons.

I'm an independent who leans traditional conservative on fiscal issues and I'm a moderate (maybe even a bit liberal) on many social issues. I like a balance of political power in DC...look at the last couple of years and one will see how that is necessary.

That "balance" is coming in 38 days. :woot:

(sorry for the thread jack...just havin' a little fun with the folks...
    now...back to your regularly scheduled programming.)

9. Feb 6, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    BP348

BP348 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC 4x4
    well you will find this everywhere, i went to jamba juice and they told me to try a new one so i did, and it sucked so i made her make me another, that they also suggested and it sucked too, so i made them make my favorite and the chick was so mad, she's like "if we do this then everyone will come in and try all the smoothies" and im like "bitch it aint no dough out yo pocket, shut up and make me my smoothie"- bitch

Products Discussed in

To Top