1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

why the other guy sold it?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by hubcapsc, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Aug 26, 2018 at 8:17 AM
    cruxofthebisquit

cruxofthebisquit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Orange Texas
    Vehicle:
    2000 TRD
    OME and worth every penny.
    Don't be surprised if they cut you off some day on the shocks. They did me right about that range.
    Really I just had to laugh. "yea, it's prob. time to pay up again".

edit: If they put 2 and 2 together that the truck has changed hands from your Dad to you and they want to stop handing you new shocks.....they have an out.

2. Aug 26, 2018 at 1:52 PM
    Luv my yota

Luv my yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 turd lift 33's
    Kings,total chaos uppers, Deavers, JBA headers, Borla exhuast, engine mods, DC power 270 amp alt, 2k watts of sound, gps alarm.
    :crazy:
    Yep, I’ll be bye to cuff you’re ass soon,lol. Who gives a :censored::censored:!:deadhorse: I’m not leo, or rat so?

3. Aug 26, 2018 at 1:59 PM
    Luv my yota

Luv my yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 turd lift 33's
    Kings,total chaos uppers, Deavers, JBA headers, Borla exhuast, engine mods, DC power 270 amp alt, 2k watts of sound, gps alarm.
    Enjoy continually going to vatozone!! Thats why you have to keep swapping parts it’s cheaper in the long run to buy factory parts, “You will learn the error of your ways one day young grasshopper”. You seem intelligent, wise up stop buying shit parts...

4. Sep 3, 2018 at 8:32 AM
    hubcapsc

hubcapsc [OP] Un-Known Stranger

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upstate South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2002 6cyl 4x4 manual
    Followup...

I had to go back to the mechanic today... I don't always use the air conditioner,
    but I always do when my wife is with me... we took a long enough air-conditioned
    drive yesterday to get the ducts behind the dash to fill up with condensate again.
    By "fill up" I mean going around a left hand turn caused water to slosh over
    to the passenger side, come out on the floor, and make a racket in the blower fan.

They're extremely pleasant at the shop, even when you bring something back. The
    mechanic took the truck to the back right away and ran it for a while and looked into
    the problem. Apparently there's a little flap I didn't know about in the condensate
    drain tube, I hadn't read about the flap here either when reading about other
    people's drain problems. He fiddled with the little tube, it was "dried out" he
    said, he put rubber lubricant on it (don't google that!) and said it seemed to
    be working right now. The "gallon" of water I'd built up in there yesterday was on
    his shop floor under my truck. If his fix doesn't take, he said he could easily
    order another rubber tube and install it without taking the dashboard back
    off. He showed me up under the passenger side dash where the rubber tube
    goes through the firewall, it looks pretty easy.

BONUS PICTURES: Olds 88 they're working on...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

Products Discussed in

To Top