1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wile's "The Coyote" Build (OCD edition)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Wile, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Apr 22, 2016 at 10:42 PM
    Wile

Wile [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 DC TRD Offroad
    Pioneer AVH-5600BHS, ScanGauge, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Allpro Aluminum front bumper, Allpro Aluminum IFS skid plate, Allpro APEX rocksliders, Warn 9500s winch
    Very well. The IFS skid has taken multiple hits without notable injury. In fact, I once hit hard enough that it dimpled the frame wall where the skid attaches to the frame. The skid held its shape. I'm impressed.

2. Dec 8, 2016 at 10:32 AM
    mashir

mashir Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off-Road
    OME BP-51 full kit, SPC UCAs, FJ TRD Trail Team wheels in black, 255/85/16 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx, All-Pro aluminum front bumper and IFS skid, Slee Off-Road silders and rear tire carrier bumper, Rigid and BD lighting, Baja Rack roof rack, Bruteforce Fab bed cage, CVT RTT
    Hey @Wile , thanks for such a dedicated and meticulous build thread! Lots of great info here. I'm hoping to ask a few questions since your build is very similar to the direction I hope to take in the future:

Prior to getting your swing out bumper, were you running a full-size spare with your FJ trail team wheel? If so, where did you locate it?
    Also, is your All-Pro bumper hoop the standard "LED light bar" hoop? It almost looks like an intermediate height between that that the standard "single hoop" model.

Thanks in advance for the reply!

3. Dec 9, 2016 at 8:43 AM
    Wile

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 DC TRD Offroad
    Pioneer AVH-5600BHS, ScanGauge, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Allpro Aluminum front bumper, Allpro Aluminum IFS skid plate, Allpro APEX rocksliders, Warn 9500s winch
    Hi Matt,

Got got the bumper and the tire setup at the same time. I had the spare in the bed while the bumper was in for powder coating. It would not fit in the stock spot.

The loop is for a double row LED light bar. They offer it for a single row as well as the standard hoop you mentioned. Good luck with the build. Love to see pictures!

4. Dec 10, 2016 at 7:03 PM
    mashir

mashir Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off-Road
    OME BP-51 full kit, SPC UCAs, FJ TRD Trail Team wheels in black, 255/85/16 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx, All-Pro aluminum front bumper and IFS skid, Slee Off-Road silders and rear tire carrier bumper, Rigid and BD lighting, Baja Rack roof rack, Bruteforce Fab bed cage, CVT RTT
    Thanks Wile! Are you liking your all pro swing out too? I'm about to place an order with all pro, but choosing between the standard aluminum and swing out for the rear. Did you have a backup camera you relocated? I'll definitely post some pics and shoot you a link when I do!

5. Dec 10, 2016 at 7:42 PM
    Justinlhc

Justinlhc Not looking for a relationship

Member:
    How are the Opt7's working out? :popcorn:

I'm surprised you weren't able to get more caster out of the Icon billet arms. The heims should allow for quite a bit of adjustment. Or is that the setting you were aiming for?

Nice work on the truck AND the documentation. :thumbsup:

6. Dec 13, 2016 at 6:28 AM
    Wile

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 DC TRD Offroad
    The swing out is great. I have a 08, so I don't have a rear camera.

7. Dec 13, 2016 at 6:35 AM
    Wile

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 DC TRD Offroad
    After battling several alignment houses over them even using the adjustments available on the UCAs, I'm happy I got the 2* I did. It handles great and with NO rubbing even with the front flaps.

The Opt7's are still going strong after almost 2 years. The Glare Guard Mod still keeping me from getting beamed by oncoming traffic.

8. Dec 13, 2016 at 6:37 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    Excellent Excellent Excellent Build!!!

subd

Products Discussed in

To Top