1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will a 4x4 Access cab 4cyl 5spd manual Tacoma meet my family's needs?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by Kravchenko, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Oct 17, 2015 at 9:20 PM
    gofas

gofas Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Ukiah
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Timberland Mica Access
    ImMrYo review mirror bracket.
    My wife and I use my truck on trips camping over her Honda Element when we are carrying firewood and lots of extra gear. I'm 6'1 she is 5'7 We have 1 year old rear facing seat now placed in the middle back of cab. (I took rear console out from the middle for child seat fit) and both our seats are up quite a bit. we are able tilt are seat backs somewhat.
    If the car seat is is on Her side she can hardly fit. On these trips, we can only handle being in the truck a couple of hours.
    Most of the time it's just the kid and I. He rides in the back of passenger side with seat folded down into table and snug against his. This is when the access cab works when only 2 are in it. It will not be any better when we turn him forward facing I'm afraid.
    The Honda Element is way more comfortable. However it does not handle well with a lot of weight. I just don't like its ride with its tiny wheel base. Just tired of 4 cylinders on long trips. Fatigue factor grater when driving em I believe.

I bought this truck before the thought of marriage and babies. now each night I'm surfing cargurus cars,com etc for a used dc Lwb Tacoma 4x4.
    2010 thru 2013 low miles sell quickly. DC Lwb with higher miles 70 to 120k sell even faster it seems. My budget was/is 25 to 27k. Very tight peramiters with only few trucks to look at that price within 200 mile range.

However I'll miss this truck for ease of getting around. 4cyclinder is great for light duty hauls and wheeling with extra stuff. Don't get me wrong it's a grunt.
    I get my mpg numbers while going very fast on hwy, so they could be better numbers maybe if I went slower. I stomp it from lights etc. It likes it like that.
    I will not miss the suicide doors.
    Been test driving Nissan crew long bed as well. Thinking I'll like another Tacoma however.
    So make it easy on yourself look for DC Tacoma v6.
    Or DC short bed with lumber/gear rack option.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  2. Oct 18, 2015 at 6:20 AM
    ChemDawg

ChemDawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2005 sr5 4x4
  3. Nov 2, 2015 at 12:54 PM
    Rockreef

Rockreef Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    A-Cab MT 4x4
    OP posted this 3 years ago. Chances are he made up his mind already folks :D

4. Nov 2, 2015 at 12:55 PM
    tgear.shead

tgear.shead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ah crud. Why somebody had to bring this crap to the top of the list?

Products Discussed in

To Top