1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will all 6 lug wheels match my Taco???

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by VTmc, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Dec 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM
    VTmc

VTmc [OP] Member

Member:
    Burlington, VT
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma SR5
    5" lift
    Alright...I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone. My taco has mickey wheels and nitto tires. they stick out past the fender and I can't pass inspection (vt sucks...not really) for this reason. Therefore I need to stick a different set of wheels on the truck just for the 20 minute inspection! Also, I'd like to find a set of snow tires since my terra grapplers suck a** in the icey wet weather I'm surrounded by. So, here's my question since I'm on the search for now for a stock rim and used tires...

When an ad says something like "For sale are 4 studded firestone winterforce tires. There 265/70/16 and mounted on 6 lug steel wheels. The wheels are fine just need paint. these came off my chevy and only have about 1000 miles on them." Will these fit my 95 taco????? what are the questions I should ask about size? What are the specs of the stock taco wheel?

Thanks!

2. Dec 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The 6 lug chevy's have the same bolt pattern as the taco, 6 on 5.5.

I would check the offset/backspacing. If it's not near that of the taco (4.5-5.5) you may have the same proel of wheels sticking out.

Also, if the wheels are hub-centric, I think the chevy hub bore is too small
    for our trucks.

3. Dec 25, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    You'll need to find out about the backspacing and bolt pattern for the Chevy wheels. IIRC your bolt pattern is [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6X139.7. Not sure what your backspaing is.
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Products Discussed in

To Top