1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will Car Seats Work With This?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jeremy_283, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Jan 25, 2012 at 6:51 AM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 [OP] Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    Whenever-in a couple years down the road will car seats be able to work in conjunction with my awesome sound system? :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327503079.214412.jpg

2. Jan 25, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    It might not. you will have to put a seat in there to check. When the babies are small they have to be rear facing, and the base for those seats tends to be big. Also, when you install the seat and tighten it down it compresses the truck's seat down a little bit. If your speaker box is flush or higher than the seat, then the car seat will tip too far backwards when the front part rests on the speaker box and the rear part gets pushed down into the seat.
    I am not sure if a baby car seat will even fit in an extended cab regardless of you box interference. I know in the double cab it pushes up against the driver's seat back.
    Toddler booster seats are smaller, and not a problem.

3. Jan 25, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Looking at it I don't see why it wouldn't fit, just make sure your box is secured to the floor just in case something happens it doesn't turn into a flying projectile and harm the little one, the new born seats are fairly small now days and would fit in that space(facing reward) you probably would have to move your chair up a bit to put the chair in and then once in it would be a good idea to push your seat back into the baby seat to sandwich it in for better holding power. When your baby gets bigger and sits it a forward facing chair then it should be a little more roomier for you in the front :laugh: hey who said having kids was easy lol

4. Jan 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    Just don't be bumpin' Bone Crusher with the baby back there :laugh:

5. Jan 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Infant don't be bumpin music period with a baby back there

6. Jan 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    x2 on the bumpin music with the little one in the car. but I have heard a few guys on here not even being able to get a rear facing car seat in the dbl cabs (don't know how tall they are/ how far the seat was back). I guess they would work in a dbl cab if you didn't mind your legs being a little cramped.

Products Discussed in

To Top