1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will Headers, Y-Pipe & Exhaust Muffler make a Difference?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by benb870, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Apr 17, 2011 at 6:57 PM
    benb870

benb870 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    West Palm Beach Florida
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    TRD Supercharger with URD pulley,ARB Front Bumper, All-Pro Rear Bumper, OME Lift, Camburg UCA's, Rock Sliders, Rough Country 20" light bar and 30" light bar. Rigid LED lights in ARB bumper, Weathertech mats, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Dual A Pillar Gauge pod with Autometer Phantom II Boost/Vac & Oil Pressure Gauges, Black Headlight mod, GrilleCraft Grill, 20% tint on all windows, All-Pro IRS Skid Plate, All-Pro Transmission Skid Plate, All-Pro Transfer Case Skid Plate, Azentec Mirror with GPS & Back up Camera, LED Tail lights & 3rd Brake light, High Jack Lift.
    I have been reading all over the forum and finally came to the conclusion I should just ask this question. I am looking to add a TRD Supercharger to me 08 DC. I wanted to know if anyone thinks the Doug Thorley shorty tube headers, y-pipe, and Exhaust with muffler will make any difference. It adds about $1000 for all of those pieces and I wanted to know if it would be worth it, over the stock system. I know the ECU will need to be reflashed after install of the S/C so, I would install the header/exhaust set up at the same time as the S/C.

Also, I dont want a loud exhaust sound if I can help it, some difference over stock is fine, but I would like to not go deaf with the Doug Thorley set up.

thanks
    Ben

2. Apr 17, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    make a difference with what, power?

3. Apr 17, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

06TRDZombieHunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    K&N Intake System Port and Polish of TB x2 E3 Diamondfire Sparkplugs 2.5" Leveling kit 32" BFG A/Ts Zombie Response decals Custom painted grill, trim under headlights, scoop, intake and manifold. No more mud flaps, Temp gauge inside intake box, BHLM, extra D-rings in front of bed, No more plastic storage box behind rear seats. More to come.
    If you're going to make it breathe in that much better, you will definitely maximize your S/C by making it exhale as well. If you have the funds I say do the whole setup.

4. Apr 17, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    toytaco1

toytaco1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jed
    moreno valley
    Vehicle:
    05 supercharged trd off road
    trd supercharger, TRD intake, magna flow exhaust, JBA headers, walker evans front, fox rear, leaf pack, drilled slotted rotors, All Pro Front Bumper, Warn 8000 Winch
    I supercharged my TACO and had the ecu reflashed, then I installed the CAI JBA shorty headers and magna flow exhaust. I noticed that the truck def ran better but I havnt dyno the truck. IMO I say def do it, I am looking to get the MAF map from URD soon

5. Apr 17, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    benb870

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    West Palm Beach Florida
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    TRD Supercharger with URD pulley,ARB Front Bumper, All-Pro Rear Bumper, OME Lift, Camburg UCA's, Rock Sliders, Rough Country 20" light bar and 30" light bar. Rigid LED lights in ARB bumper, Weathertech mats, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Dual A Pillar Gauge pod with Autometer Phantom II Boost/Vac & Oil Pressure Gauges, Black Headlight mod, GrilleCraft Grill, 20% tint on all windows, All-Pro IRS Skid Plate, All-Pro Transmission Skid Plate, All-Pro Transfer Case Skid Plate, Azentec Mirror with GPS & Back up Camera, LED Tail lights & 3rd Brake light, High Jack Lift.
    This may seem dumb, But I dont know.......why the long tubes instead of the shorty's?

6. Apr 17, 2011 at 7:10 PM
    benb870

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    West Palm Beach Florida
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    long tubes should be ok with fitment right?

7. Apr 17, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    benb870

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    West Palm Beach Florida
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    no smog checks here, so I should be ok. Would I go with the Long Tubes and the Y-pipe together? also, where would I find some O2 simulators? Any Ideas on where I should be price wise?

Products Discussed in

To Top