1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will Procomp Series 52 Steel Wheels fit my truck

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by bgsmith, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Sep 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    bgsmith

bgsmith [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hingham, MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Speedway Blue TRD Sport 4x4
    ATX Mojaves with 265/75 16 Hankook Dynapro ATMs, Spidertrax 1.25" spacers (front and rear), Bilstein 5100 all around up front set at 1.75", Blacked out badges, Pioneer AVIC D3 DVD/NAV Head Unit, K&N Air Filter, Tyger Tri Fold Tonneau Cover.
    I just called 4 Wheel Parts as I had some questions about a set of 17x8 Procomp Series 52 steel wheels, the guy I spoke to said these wheels would not fit my truck as they would rub against my brake calipers, he said I should look at aluminum wheels. Is this a bunch of crap?

2. Sep 25, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    That's definitely the case with the steel 16" wheels. I'm not sure if going up to 17 solves the problem on this particular wheel. I've never heard of 17s rubbing the caliper before though..

3. Mar 22, 2012 at 4:10 AM
    ilove_taco_ma

ilove_taco_ma Well-Known Member

Member:
    fresno, california
    Vehicle:
    95 tacoma 4wd LX
    nothing, all stock expect got a OE replacement air filter K&N.
    i got this wheels too from america tires and they said the same thing. i wonder if i put 1/4 spacer on, will it make the clearance or do i need more clearance to run these 52s? or maybe grind down the caliper?

To Top