1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wind deflector / hood protector for 2012

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by litegide24, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Jun 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM
    litegide24

litegide24 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Has anyone purchased the Toyota OEM hood protector shown in the 2012 accessories catalog?
    http://touch.toyota.com/vehicles/2012/tacoma/accessories/Hood-Protector.html

I ordered my 2011 with that nasty POS with the metal clips that gouge the paint. I carefully removed in 1st week of ownersship and got the low profile (under hood mount) from Cabelas, it has worked pretty good although isn't the sleekest look.

The new 2012 OEM Toyota hood protector looks pretty cool, can't believe Toyota would open themselves up for more $ in hood repaint, If it's an under hood mount and would fit the 2011 I would consider.

Thanks

2. Jun 17, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    jtgroce

jtgroce Got R Did

Member:
    In the Foothills, NC
    Vehicle:
    '12 Taco MGM TRD Off Road
    K&N Air Filter Husky Floor Liners Weathertech Vent Visors LED Map/Dome Light Mod Chrome Door Handles AVS Bugshield Bed Mat Fog Light Anytime Mod DTRL LED's Flowmaster Super 40
    I wouldn't recommend an OEM bugshield unless it doesn't have those metal clips b/c they will hit your hood and chip it. I have an AVS on mine and love it, it fastens right in no drilling! 100_2212.jpg

3. Jun 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM
    litegide24

litegide24 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does anybody know if the 2012 oem shield in unchanged from 2011?

[​IMG]

It looks like a different style from the POS that came with my 2011...

Thanks

4. Jun 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    fafafahey

fafafahey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '12 4x4-S/C,Leather/Moonroof, ICON Stage 5
    TRD Supercharger, aluminum skid plate, Access tonneau cover, Weathertechs, Tacoma bed mat, TRD Exhaust, OEM roof rack, OEM black tube steps, Inalfa 925 power moonroof, Katzkin two leather heated, embroidered seats, Icon Stage 5
    I have the Toyota bug shield for the 2012....it is different than 2011 since the hood shape changed.

5. Jun 30, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    How are you liking the OEM for the 12?

I had the OEM for an 06 and never had any of the claimed problems.

6. Jun 30, 2012 at 6:08 PM
    fafafahey

fafafahey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '12 4x4-S/C,Leather/Moonroof, ICON Stage 5
    TRD Supercharger, aluminum skid plate, Access tonneau cover, Weathertechs, Tacoma bed mat, TRD Exhaust, OEM roof rack, OEM black tube steps, Inalfa 925 power moonroof, Katzkin two leather heated, embroidered seats, Icon Stage 5
    I too had one on my 06...no problems on that one and no problems on the 12. I like it!

To Top