1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Window Control LED Light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by DR007, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Jan 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM
    Me Likey TRD

Me Likey TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Eastern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB
    Toytec Ultimate w/Dakar leaf packs, Michilin 265/75/16 LTX AT2, FJ Trail Team replica wheels, Access Ltd bed cover, Katzkin leather, Brute Force rear bumper, Relentless Fab front bumper, Beefed sliders
    :thumbsup:

2. Jan 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

ToyotaKTMracing The Blue Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
    Here is a pic of mine. It still changes colors, just no video of it. Yet

[​IMG]

ricco333 likes this.
  3. Jan 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM
    Me Likey TRD

Me Likey TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Eastern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB
    Toytec Ultimate w/Dakar leaf packs, Michilin 265/75/16 LTX AT2, FJ Trail Team replica wheels, Access Ltd bed cover, Katzkin leather, Brute Force rear bumper, Relentless Fab front bumper, Beefed sliders
    Interesting. How fast does it cycle?

Never mind, found them at superbrightleds.com - says about 4 seconds per color.

4. Jan 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    Are these the same leds for the fog light switch and locker switch?

5. Jan 28, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    DR007

DR007 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Port Barre, LA
    Vehicle:
    '06 DCSB PreRunner
    MagnaFlow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, MB TKO wheels with 265/75/r16 Hankook Dynapro ATM, Blue Center shift LED color change, Map Lights with Dome, LED Map and Dome lights, Cluster Light Change, DTRL, Parking Light as Blinker, Blue A/C Control lights, Blue Clock, Bed Lights, Debadged tailgate, painted all exterior plastic trim, 6LZ Lightbars in grille, OTRATTW switches, Fog Light in Reverse light Mod, LED Blinkers all around, Projector Fog Lights, 15" blitzpro light bar, added hidden cig lighter port, custom plate front bumper, OME complete lift with 885 front coils, Ultraguage, CB radio 3' whips, 12v bed lighter port, Center Console Lights, AllProOffroad Sliders, 50" roof led light bar, 2 BlitzPro 6LZ Reverse Lights
  6. Jan 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    I use 5mm LEDs with a resistor soldered onto each switch to make them "led"
    And are super bright...

To the OP, I always do this mod for people when they ask for the cluster swap :thumbsup:

The 2 buttons on the climate controls are the same 2 3mm bulbs and the 5 LEDs to the right of the clock are the same

7. Jan 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    DR007

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Port Barre, LA
    Vehicle:
    '06 DCSB PreRunner
    MagnaFlow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, MB TKO wheels with 265/75/r16 Hankook Dynapro ATM, Blue Center shift LED color change, Map Lights with Dome, LED Map and Dome lights, Cluster Light Change, DTRL, Parking Light as Blinker, Blue A/C Control lights, Blue Clock, Bed Lights, Debadged tailgate, painted all exterior plastic trim, 6LZ Lightbars in grille, OTRATTW switches, Fog Light in Reverse light Mod, LED Blinkers all around, Projector Fog Lights, 15" blitzpro light bar, added hidden cig lighter port, custom plate front bumper, OME complete lift with 885 front coils, Ultraguage, CB radio 3' whips, 12v bed lighter port, Center Console Lights, AllProOffroad Sliders, 50" roof led light bar, 2 BlitzPro 6LZ Reverse Lights
    Thanks Jerez for the info on the fog light and locker switch. Haven't done those before (as I don't have them) but I've done every other LED inside the cab. I used 5mm LEDs for the climate control and to the right of the clock and they work perfect.

8. Jan 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    Ya I use the 5 mm LEDs as well for the swaps because I buy them in bulk so that's why I offer the swap for cheap...of I go to the store to get them they're like $5 for just 2 bulbs

9. Jan 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM
    DR007

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Port Barre, LA
    Vehicle:
    '06 DCSB PreRunner
    I also buy in bulk for my mods and buddies of mine. Superbrightleds?

10. Feb 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    Fiend13

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    Just got 50 5mm leds in green for $6 off ebay. They came in today and I wondering if you had to do any trimming on the legs of the led where you solder it cause the legs on my leds are about 1-1 1/2 in length. This is my first time doing anything with soldering leds so don't know much about it and I figured if I try it then I'll start with this because if it gets messed up then I won't notice much since I don't notice the stock light under it much. I've soldered before about 11 years ago in highschool but that's it.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  11. Feb 1, 2013 at 5:07 PM
    DR007

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Port Barre, LA
    Vehicle:
    '06 DCSB PreRunner
    Yes you will need to trip some of the legs. Put the LED to the height you want and solder it in place (make sure it's level). Then you trim the excess legs off up to the solder joint.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Feb 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    Fiend13

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    Cool. Thanks man, I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow after work or Sunday

13. Feb 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    Fiend13

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    Just did mine. Took a whole 15 minutes. Spent more time letting the irons warm up than the whole job overall. So easy and so glad I did it. Thanks for DIY OP!

[​IMG]

14. Dec 2, 2019 at 7:52 AM
    Bravisimo

Bravisimo So many mods, very little money.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 DCLB
    Tint, headlights wrapped & rear lights smoked, power outlet mod., grill & rear bumper wrapped, Falken A/T 3W,
    @DR007 - Thank you for this post! I need to do the same for my 14'. But you know what would be even cooler and more purposeful? If ALL the door control panels for the window and lock buttons glowed. Im super annoyed that not everything is lit on the door panel, let alone some of the tabs in my dash. But the door panels controls would be a number one mode on my list.

Norton likes this.
  15. Dec 11, 2019 at 7:20 AM
    nzbrock

nzbrock Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    San Marcos, TX
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Prerunner 3RZ
    SAW 2.0 Coilovers Wheeler's 5 Leaf + 3 AAL Bilstein 5100s LCE long tube header Flowmaster Delta 50 Muffler FJ Trail Team Wheels 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx 4Runner overhead sunglass console 4Runner leather seats All LED lights Red/Clear Tail Light Tundra Brakes HID Projector Retrofits 4Runner Auto Up/Down Windows Bullet Liner Cargo tie down system E-locker axle swap w/4.56 Gears ARE MX Cap Prinsu Toprac Custom heated turn signal/puddle light mirrors Volant Intake Tube
    There are certain toyota or lexus models that have all switches light up, and they have the same form factor as the tacoma. You'd have to check with the wiring diagrams if the pinout is the same though.
    I put 4runner switches in my 1st gen and lit up the passenger auto lights

Bravisimo[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Mar 7, 2023 at 12:07 PM
    bloggerstomper

bloggerstomper Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    Crumpy
    Does anyone know how to make the led dim with the rest of the switches?

Products Discussed in

To Top