1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Window Tint. Any CA LE want to sign off my fix it ticket?

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by MartyMcfly, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    MartyMcfly

MartyMcfly [OP] Time Traveler

Member:
    First Name:
    ROB
    Clearwater Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    07 4runner V8
    see Build page for details.
    Got pulled over by the CHP the other day for tinted windows on the driver and front passenger window of my 4runner. The tint is about 50%
    His reasoning was that window tint violations have gotten "out of control" lately in Santa Cruz county and they've been asked to crack down on it.

Nice enough officer. He didn't give me a hard time or anything, just wrote me a fix it ticket.

Now, what is the reasoning behind the window tint laws in California?

Is it just a money making scheme?
    I can think of three reasons besides that:

1) The tint obstructs my view outside the vehicle.
    --however, I can wear sunglasses if I want and not get pulled over for that. yes, there is night time, but hey, I can wear sunglasses at night and not get pulled over for that either. And also, how much time do we spend looking out the side of the window. Dark tint doesn't really obstruct the drivers vision unless there is a light on inside the car. Realistically, if there's a light on inside the car, it doesn't matter if there's tint, it's going to obstruct the driver's view.

2) Tint makes it difficult for officers to identify the driver.
    --motorcyclist may wear tinted visors and a helmet. This obviously obstructs the view of the rider from the officers. So, why not outlaw the use of tinted visors and helmets?

3) Tint makes it difficult for officers to view whether or not the driver is wearing their seat belt and or using a hand held device.
    --The tint law was in effect before the seat belt law and before the hand held device law.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm a law abiding citizen that just likes the look of tint on my black truck. No harm intended.

2. Oct 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    SoCal
    Rear leaf spring tsb 5000 miles, w ac fan 26k miles, windshield creaking 28k miles- not warranty. Bad upper idler pulleys 32k miles- not warranty, Toyota Quality!
    So your going to ask a LEO to lie about being fixed?

3. Oct 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    I too am confused by the title

4. Oct 11, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    Not sure where ur trying to go with this thread but im pretty sure its just another way to bend u over and stick it to u with no vaseline..

Dont think any leo will help u out wih this, u aint a member of yhe good ol boys club. Most of them break the same laws they claim to enforce anyways..

5. Oct 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM
    Leoffensive

Leoffensive Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 prerunner TRD sport
    Icon 2.5 coilovers with resi, Custom OMD rear leaf pack, Pelfreybilt IFS skid, Magnaflow muffler
    i can sign it for you

[​IMG]

6. Oct 11, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    MartyMcfly

MartyMcfly [OP] Time Traveler

Member:
    First Name:
    ROB
    Clearwater Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    07 4runner V8
    see Build page for details.
    Oh heavens no.

I'm only asking someone to take an anonymous stand against one of the many ridiculous and pointless vehicle codes that only prove to annoy and rob the time of the rest of us law abiding citizens.

Specifically any LEO that disagrees with the CHP's overzealous handing out of chicken shit tickets.

And I know they're out there.

I've driven by the county Sheriffs out here plenty of times without a bat of an eye from them over my tinted windows. That's because they have better, more important things to do than hand out bullshit traffic tickets. Like track down criminals and rid the streets of people that threaten the well being and safety of the rest of us.

PM me. I give you my sworn word that I the vehicle no longer violates any reasonable vehicle codes.

7. Oct 11, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    Harbor Freight 110v welder garage fab parts.

Pretty much, total BS, think youre special and different then the rest of us and deserve special treatment, ya...this will fly.

8. Oct 11, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    Obvious Illegal troll is obvisouly illegal. Don't post stuff like this again. On the internet asking an officer to lie and offering to lie under oath yourself...nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top