1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Window Tint help and suggestions!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Bfully24, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Jul 1, 2012 at 12:22 AM
    TRDGRL

TRDGRL My Toys.....

Member:
    First Name:
    TRDGRL
    RainForestVille, Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '11 BLK Tacoma PreRunner TRD SR5 Access Cab
    See Signature.....
    Legal tint in Hawaii is 30% and higher for front windows.....:) Side and back windows can be 20% and below.....:p

If anyone on Oahu needs tint connections let me know.....:D

2. Jul 1, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    IGO4LOW

IGO4LOW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Fullerton, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4 w/ JBL Audio
    3" Procomp lift, 285/70 R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Procomp series 6005 wheels, Fog lights on Anytime mod, illuminated oem fog switch, bed mat, all weather floormats, CB Radio in dash, alternating turn signal mod, automatic center console light. Blacked out badges, D2s in the grille.
    With the 80 you will be able to tell a huge difference. Whatever you go with let's see some pics!
    On another note. The tacoma has a lot of curve top to bottom and left to right in the windshield, that bieng said. They may have to do two pieces. Ie a visor and then rhe rest of the windshield. I love the look of a 15% visor and air 80 on the rest of the windshield.

3. Jul 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM
    GATORTACO92

GATORTACO92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Hoover, Al
    Vehicle:
    2004 F-350 6.0 King Ranch
    2004 F-350...uh lots of motor work to go fast...er. Way to much to list. 2001: 3" leveling kit, ARB bumper, lightforce 240 blitz, 35" KM2s. SOLD 2008: OME 886s 90000 with dakars, LR UCAs, 5% tint, Satashi. SOLD 2015: Flooded and Gone
    i got 50 on my winshield and 5 on front 2 windows and limo on the back...i wish i got darker on my windshield just cause it still isn't as cool and dark id like it to be. i will be putting 30 on mine here shortly! but 50 cuts some glare and uv and heat but go dark. 35 isn't to dark....lighter than looking out the back windows stock. need pics when you get done.
    [​IMG]

4. Jul 1, 2012 at 2:19 PM
    trmarshall1

trmarshall1 The Least Interesting Man In The World

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Supercharged
    4" Pro-Comp Lift, TRD cat back exhaust, grey wire mod, clutch pedal linear spring mod
    From the CHP website my man...

Can I put after-market tinting on the windows of my vehicle?
    The main requirements for legal window tinting in California are:

1. The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
    2. If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.
    The law prohibits any person from driving any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows, with certain limited exceptions.
    However, legislation signed into law effective January 1, 1999, exempts from the above prohibition specified clear, colorless, and transparent material that is installed, affixed, or applied to the front driver and passenger side windows for the specific purpose of reducing ultraviolet rays. If, as, or when this material becomes torn, bubbled or otherwise worn, it must be removed or replaced.
    [​IMG]

5. Jul 8, 2012 at 3:04 PM
    Bfully24

Bfully24 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    01 PreRunner
    Blue headlights, tinted 20% windows
    Ok so i got the tint put on I went with a 40% looks great darkens the inside to where it's almost not visible from the outside but still completely visible from the inside night time driving is no problem can see clearly Pictures to come...

Products Discussed in

To Top