1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Window Tint Nazi's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blaktak, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 29, 2010 at 6:34 PM
    MadeInMaine

MadeInMaine MadeInMaine

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Biloxi, MS
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    I thought 35% or greater is ok for front windows in CA?

2. Aug 29, 2010 at 6:39 PM
    grdnrxr

grdnrxr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Back in Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Prerunner
    Quote.....

Anyway, getting back to the thread topic: You had illegal tint. You got a ticket. You'll need to get the tint off, get photographic proof of the fix. What you decide to do with your tint after that is up to you.

But, you pay to play. You have non-street-legal mods on your vehicle, you don't get to whine when you get ticketed.

......X2

:stirthepot:

3. Aug 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    What about ketchup!!??

4. Aug 29, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    i knew what they stood for and i'm 19 and am just a auto technician whats your point?

5. Aug 29, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Off topic............sorry.

I see the Nazi thing like some view the rebel flag. To some no matter what the original intent, the largest impression made was a negative one hence anything Nazi is bad.
    Back to your regularly scheduled program.

6. Aug 29, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    You are never "just" an auto technician. You have excellent skills.

You are also a wise one. :cheers:

7. Aug 29, 2010 at 7:18 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    You are right my friend.

8. Aug 29, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    m3zy6

m3zy6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDSport AC 6spd 4x4
    On topic - I used the simple green method two weeks ago to get my legal tint off so I could put on 15%. It worked great.

Off topic- The OP never bitched about getting the ticket in his post. Reread the first post if you disagree. He chose a catchy post title that was bound to get views for his topic - Good marketing. I have nothing against bitching at someone who complains about getting caught, but he wasn't. You guys need to save your energy for the guys who actually do.

9. Aug 29, 2010 at 8:42 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    x2

I thought I was the only one who noticed this....

BTW, this is why I love AZ. 35% up front!!!!

10. Aug 29, 2010 at 8:45 PM
    menyh

menyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Meny
    LA
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    6'' Procomp Stage I lift
    screw the cops, i got that 10% up front.

11. Aug 29, 2010 at 8:51 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    It's retarded you're not allowed to tint your front windows in Cali. Just another reason to never go west.

32% is legal here in GA. I have 15% on mine. I always roll my windows down when I see the cops. I was at a road block and the only state trooper there is the one that talked to me, randomly asked me to roll up my windows, and gave me a ticket. $100. The next day, I got a $2 lottery ticket, and won $100. So that paid off the ticket :) Still got the tint. Not takin it off.

12. Aug 29, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    eight3one_offroad

eight3one_offroad Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Cruz, California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 with a few things.
    Optima Red Top 34R, OME 885 / N140S + 5100 rear, TSB leaf pack, Camburg Ball Joint UCA, Wheelers Diff drop, AEM Brute Force Intake with filter wrap, Summit Super Turbo muffler, Llumar 5% tint, Pioneer single din head unit, PIAA 510 Ion Crystal Fogs in stock location, Sonar LED tails. Sway Bar removal. Charcoal filter delete. Stant 11509 Locking Gas Cap.
    I have 50% on the Windshield, 5% on the front passenger / driver and double 5% on the side access cab window and rear window, go ahead call me stupid I haven't got pulled over yet... it's been at least a year now just roll them down when you see a cop close by or in the distance and your good

- Rich

13. Aug 30, 2010 at 3:57 AM
    jeremy.allen

jeremy.allen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    The Ville, Ky
    Vehicle:
    07 DC, OR
    3" Lift with OME 885's, 5100's front and rear, alcan add-a-leaf. Banks Monster Exhaust, on the way: MM951C 17X9 and 285 MT/R's...
    Window tint on the front windows is LEGAL in Kentucky. It just cant be darker than 35% reference KRS 189.110(3). Coming from a local five-0.

14. Aug 30, 2010 at 6:14 AM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    No one gave this guy an answer... Some people use straight ammonia. You can also use a heat gun or a steamer instead of below if you have one. I have used the spray for installing golf grips, it temporarily takes away the adhesive of the glue until it evaporates. You can get it in any good golf store. Good luck
    1. Cover your interior seats with tarp or something that will protect them from the spray debris.
    2. Spray window cleaner on the inside of the rear window.
    3. Press the plastic garbage bag on the inside surface of the rear window immediately. Be sure that you have covered all exposed glass.
    4. Repeat this procedure approximately every twenty minutes for two hours. Basically you are steaming the tint off the windows.
    5. Use the razor blade to peel the plastic film off at the corner of the window, where there are no defroster lines. You should peel the plastic off in one piece if possible.
    6. Spray more window cleaner on the window as you remove the film. This will keep the glue from drying again.
    7. Scrub the remaining adhesive off with ammonia and a razor blade or very fine steel wool. This will take time, so be patient. Be careful not to scratch the glass.
    Read more: How to Remove Worn Out Car Window Tint | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2038525_window-tint-improve-traffic-visibility.html#ixzz0y5uA5Qv1

15. Aug 30, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    i think tint laws are lame...IMHO...I say if you don't have any criminal record you should be allowed to have tint there...

glad I don't live in cali...so many limos here in LV that cops don't bother with personal vehicles having dark tint...so far I have never had a problem when I drive up to nor-cal (mammoth, tahoe, etc), utah, and other states...i guess they see NV plates and the cops are like oh well he's not from here...he's not speeding...let em slide...

5% all the way around for me...:D

16. Aug 30, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    4X42HEL

4X42HEL Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB TRD-OR 4x4
    wow. Let me first start off by saying I am not bashing cops at all. But if a cop is really going to give you a ticket for a window tint, that's a pretty sad job to look forward to every single day.

On another note, if that's the worst crime happening in your area such that they can dedicate such time to writing tickets for this, maybe that's a good thing about low crime in your area? lol :confused:

One thing is for sure, I have never ever heard of anybody receiving a ticket or even being bitched at for a window tint lol. I can see the judges around here laughing and throwing that right off the docket.

In my old Z-71, I had 3% tint for over 10 years lol (nightmare to reverse at night!!!)
    I will leave this soap box with two things I have left to say:

A: I am rather amazed (being a member here now for 2 months) at how many people outright attack other members about "breaking the law" and "you deserve the ticket" comments. I doubt those users would last 2 days on the streets where we live here. Want to bash on people who really commit crime? Go bash on your serial rapists, your drug dealers, the 16 yr old boy who shoots up a restaurant for the $12 tips the waitress has, then blasts her brains open.

This forum sure has A LOT of people with knowledge (of whom I use that info EVERYDAY), but one thing is for sure, some of you guys (you know who you are) can really be petty when it comes to silly things like parking tickets, tinted windows, and speeding or whatever. Quit attacking people and help them out since they are asking, or don't respond at all.

B: My second statement, lol. I no longer speed and advocate against it, because, I simply do not have the time for a 20 minute ticket nor can I justify paying $165 fine. So, to many of those who did the bashing will agree, at the end of the day, the best defense is to just try not put yourself in the compromising position.

"like you are all goody-two-shoes... ya right."

17. Aug 30, 2010 at 7:13 AM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    jus' sayin' :D

18. Aug 30, 2010 at 7:14 AM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    I could understand if a cop pulled you over for driving aggressively or speeding, and then adding on the tint charge...but for a cop to stop you and only give you a ticket based on your tint is absolutely ridiculous. I can't stand those cops who are on a power trip, who want everyone to get on their knees for them.

19. Aug 30, 2010 at 7:17 AM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    We live in a land of laws. Those who choose to not follow them...however small or fruitless one sees them...may have to pay the penalty.

That and how do you expect LEO's to profile if they can't see inside the vehicle? :D

20. Aug 30, 2010 at 7:24 AM
    selkins

selkins Member

Member:
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 SR5 V6
    I think i'd go to Toyota dealer and take a pic of a truck the same color and show that to the courts.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top