1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Window Tint recommendations

Discussion in 'North East' started by DrFunker, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Jul 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM
    DrFunker

DrFunker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anyone have a place that they have used and liked in the western Mass area?

2. Aug 6, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    js312

js312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    23 F150 PowerBoost Lariat 502a
    Husky Weatherbeaters, OEM Mud Guards, Wheel Well Liners, Bullet Spray-In Bed Liner, Gator Soft Tri-Fold Cover, Hankook DynaPro AT2 (Summer), Blizzak DM-V2 (Winter)
    There's a place on Fenn St. in Pittsfield that tinted my Outback when I had it...Street Legal Customs. $150 out the door, it held up great, and one of the owners invited me to hang out in the garage while she worked on it. Good people, took their time to get it right. I know they get a some dealers selling used that will send vehicles there for tint before they resell them.

3. Aug 6, 2014 at 5:19 AM
    DrFunker

Member:
    Thanks for the rec.
    That's funny. I went here not long after I posted this. I was at the PO across the street, saw their hand painted sign and went over to talk with them.
    Was just kinda feeling out the options then when I asked how long it would take, he said 30 minutes, I said "let's do it"
    Came out great. $60.
    Thought that was very fair.
    Liked their little shop. Want to give them more of my business.

4. Aug 6, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    js312

js312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    23 F150 PowerBoost Lariat 502a
    Husky Weatherbeaters, OEM Mud Guards, Wheel Well Liners, Bullet Spray-In Bed Liner, Gator Soft Tri-Fold Cover, Hankook DynaPro AT2 (Summer), Blizzak DM-V2 (Winter)
    Can't argue with their pricing. $150 for 5 windows was great. Seems like they must basically charge $30/window if you paid $60 for (I'm assuming) the front two.

My truck just has the factory privacy glass in the rear right now, but soon I need to take it down there and have them put 35% on the front two.

When my Outback was totaled, insurance listed "Privacy Glass" on the appraisal and it actually added more value to the vehicle than I originally paid for the tint!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  5. Aug 6, 2014 at 5:48 AM
    DrFunker

Member:
    Yeah, I did the front two to the LL. I figured I wouldn't push going over and have to peel it all off. Wish I could have gone 20% like the back.

Wow, that is crazy about the appraisal. Was good for you. I am sure the accident wasn't though.

Products Discussed in

To Top