1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

windows developing chirp when opening

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nacho Muchacho, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    Nacho Muchacho

Nacho Muchacho [OP] Member

Member:
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Toytec OME lift 885 coils and TSB add a leaf. Light Racing upper control arms. CBI Sliders w/ kickouts. 265 75 16 Duratracs. Toyota bed mat and weathertech digifits
    As the title suggest, my driver front window first developed the chirp maybe a year ago and ive lived with it. Now the passenger front has started as well. It only occurs upon opening and it's instantaneous.

Anybody else experiencing this? If so, is there any point that needs a little lubrication perhaps? I've applied 303 protectant along the seals but it didn't resolve the issue. Maybe it just didn't reach deep enough in the recesses though.

Anyhow, I appreciate all responses.

Thanks

2. Feb 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    Nacho Muchacho

Nacho Muchacho [OP] Member

Member:
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Toytec OME lift 885 coils and TSB add a leaf. Light Racing upper control arms. CBI Sliders w/ kickouts. 265 75 16 Duratracs. Toyota bed mat and weathertech digifits
    okeedokee... no responses so this must not be common. Well I guess I may try to soak a q-tip in the 303 protectant and get into the seal window recess then. Hooray for long weekends.

3. Feb 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    I assume it's coming from a seal (hence the 303 on the seals), rather than from inside the door? My dad's Dodge started having window squeaks, just a little chirp, and now it's this fingernails-on-a-chalk-board, hair-raising shriek the entire time he's rolling the window down (and he won't get his A/C fixed, so this means it's every time he gets in the truck from about March through October). It was hard to pinpoint the sound but it's coming from inside the door. I think if he just pulled the interior door panel off and oiled the motor it would probably fix it.

Products Discussed in

To Top