1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Windshield weather strip problem

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by esizzle777, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Aug 7, 2011 at 6:21 AM
    esizzle777

esizzle777 [OP] Son of Most High

Member:
    Laredo, TX
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Sport
    Ok so like the title says I got a problem with the weather strip on the windshield. Little by little started coming off right in the dead center of the windshield. When going on the highway the wind would get up underneath it and make a horrible flapping sound against the truck. It sounded like I was in the middle of a drive by, anyways now more than half of it comes off even when driving in the city and off the highway. I've tried tucking it back in and made sure it's really snug in there with no avail. So does anyone know what I can do to keep it from dislodging itself?

2. Aug 7, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    wing103

wing103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    will it be the seal of the windshield? may be the labor who did not do a good job of seal the windshield good? bring it back to the dealership and have them fix it.

3. Aug 7, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    esizzle777

Member:
    Laredo, TX
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Sport
    Yes it is the windshield seal, forgive me I didn't know the correct name lol. Well I feel weird taking the truck back due to the fact it's three years old. I was wondering if there is a product I could apply or am I better off taking some where like the dealership?

4. Aug 7, 2011 at 8:32 AM
    Old Soul

Old Soul Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    09 AC V6 SR5 2WD SWB
    not to many, love it the way it is
    a glass place may have some rubber butyl you could use to seal it up, silicone will not hold up as well but is another option,available at lowes, home depot. lift weatherstrip with thin device and squirt adhesive...

5. Aug 7, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    esizzle777

Member:
    Laredo, TX
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Sport
    Thanks old soul I'll definitely give that a try!

Products Discussed in

To Top