1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

winter coat-it's time.

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Ridgerunner, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Nov 14, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back twin exhaust,elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella550's, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    I just applied the "Winter coat" of protection to my truck and it looks so damn good I thought I'd put pics of her:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the stuff I have been using on this truck since new and on all my vehicles since the late 80s. I swear by it, and it speaks for itself
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is pricy and is only sold in finer car dealerships and very few auto stores-but worth it

2. Nov 14, 2010 at 4:47 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner
    OME 3 inch suspension lift Toytec 1in body lift Rodger brown diff drop ARB front bumper Big tires, but want bigger! :) Xrc 8000 winch Hella3000 lights Deck plate mod Diff breather relocate Cb radio 1st gen roll bar Addicted sliders Spider trax wheel spacers.
    Yeah I guess its about that time. Ugh dont feel like doing it. (even though I just have to drive over to my friends shop and have him do it) Im still that lazy :)

3. Nov 14, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    romafern

romafern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    stock and very pissed about the issues
    Machine gun mount. Would love to blow the shit out of it since it has nothing but issues. QA at Toyota USA is shit. Start making them in Japan for Christ's Sake!
    Nice dude! I might have to buy some...I like that shell too. We have the same model.

4. Nov 14, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Looks good, I have three weeks of vacation left that I'm going to use at Christmas, plan on doing the same thing then, maybe. :notsure:

5. Nov 14, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    Ridgerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    2001 with; cat-back twin exhaust,elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella550's, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    HA! I hadda sift thru 19 pages of pics to find a damn straight pic of your truck...and got so HUNGRY looking thru them I almost had a second dinner:D nice truck! Get that friend on it-your truck suffers thru way more than mine weatherwise.

We have a rare one-I just don't see them! Pics please:) wanna see it on a second gen! Mine's almost 6 yrs old and no leaks. Great shell-but as you know expensive. Mine cost two grand with tax. Probably why so rare.
    Nobody's going to think you're a sissy for taking pride in your truck's appearance:)

6. Nov 14, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Does that stuff leave alot of dust?

7. Nov 14, 2010 at 6:18 PM
    Ridgerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    Whatsup buddy:) naw this stuff doesnt do that. It goes on thin and leaves a dull film that is a bitch to buff off with a dry towel. I use a damp terri cloth with a dry terri towel right behind it-amost acts like a claybar type thing. I thought your Pop used the same thing?

8. Nov 14, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    No, It was a different stuff.....Something made for airplanes. Cant remember the name though. :(

9. Nov 14, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    Ridgerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    OK well this stuff is for aircraft too. I even use this on my scale replica cars:D

To Top