1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

winter grille insert

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by big bad john, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Nov 26, 2008 at 9:13 AM
    big bad john

big bad john [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Twillingate NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 toyota tacoma yamaha trd special edition
    Stainless steel nerf bars by U GUARD.
    Looking for a stainless steel winter grille insert for my 2007 tacoma,prefer a Canadian accessory store retailer.

2. Nov 26, 2008 at 9:56 AM
    Demoncleaner

Demoncleaner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    05 Dcab 6spd 4x4 TRD Sport w/Tow
    TRD exhaust Homemade bed mat & bed extender, front Drings, Short clutch throw, Summer: Stock 17's Winter: Blizzaks on 16' black steelies
    Havent seen an actual grill insert. Actually havent seen a regular fabric one either... If they offered our truck in a diesel, I'm sure there would be plenty to choose from.
    I made one out of cardboard a while ago for those below zero F occasions, but looks like crap. And if is gets wet... well lucky -15 F usually means dry roads.

3. Nov 26, 2008 at 10:26 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge

I did the cardboard trick years ago...the way these trucks heat up I'm going to have to do something too on those -15 days with the kids in the truck

4. Nov 26, 2008 at 11:00 AM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    Somebody I work with suggested using a window heat visor. He said he used it on his dodge and it helped out a lot. Slight modification is required but I might be trying this out. It is starting to get a little cold up here.

5. Nov 26, 2008 at 11:43 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    On my Charger I bought and used an dipstick heater. It replaced the oil dipstick. It helped with the Colorado cold snaps, not enough to blow heat quick but sure made it easier to start.

IIRC it was a "universal" one, I chose it by lenght of the original dipstick, not engine type. They also make ones that just stick on the bottom of the oil pan. No experience with those though.

Products Discussed in

To Top