1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Winter tire size for lifted Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by KRich, May 18, 2011.

1. May 18, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    KRich

KRich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Black DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Hi all,

I plan to lift my 07 Taco Double-Cab with the Bilstein 5100's at 2.5 in the front and the Toytec AAL for TSB in the rear. I plan to use spidertrax wheel spacers with my lift setup as well. I will then most likely put 285/70/17 BFG A/T KOs on for non winter use. What I want to know is what I should get for dedicated winter tires that will look half decent with the lift and will work OK with a 285/70/17 spare tire if needed. I would like to go narrower for better winter traction and to give more room for putting on chains. I do like my TRD sport 17" rims so I may use those with the winter tires as opposed to steelies. Ideas for sizes and/or brand (I live in Vancouver, BC but often go to Whistler and farther north in the winter) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. May 18, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    Guess2010

Guess2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DAVE
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd tacoma double cab
    Just a few dont tell the wife!!!
    this past winter i got some dick cepek rims for winter and put some miclelin latitude x-ice tires 265.75.16 tires on a 2.5 level kit and it doesnt look bad at all.
    Sorry dont have any pics.As for the tires there amazing.
    i run in the summer fuel gauge rims with duratraks and there shitty on ice forsure.

3. May 19, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    KRich

KRich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Black DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think it might be a good idea to go with different rims with the winters although I don't want to lose the TPMS if possible. What did you do about your spare tire? I'm guessing that a different size tire can't be good for the drivetrain but I don't know how big of deal it would be if it was only for a relatively short term until getting the flat repaired.

Products Discussed in

To Top