1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wireless Charger Install Into the Console

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Braxen, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Dec 22, 2017 at 7:38 AM
    Braxen

Braxen [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Braxen
    Vehicle:
    2009 White Tacoma TRD Off Road
    -Six inch Fabtech lift -Monster XD 20” Wheel W/ Toyo MT tires -Raptor Style Grill W/ Amber LEDs
    The new Tacomas have the wireless charging pads build in, so I decided that I wanted to update mine and add one in for myself. There is a ton of unused space in the center console area, so I figured that would be the best place to put it.
    Here is a video I made that details the entire installation process and included what you guys would need to install one for yourselves if you are interested!:
    https://youtu.be/JA_sKkXiQMI

Let me know if there are any questions! I am happy to provide any additional details that anyone may need.

I can also do a write up if that would be prefrred to the video, let me know!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. Dec 22, 2017 at 7:40 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Gonna watch this video later

3. Dec 22, 2017 at 10:19 AM
    kgarrett11

kgarrett11 Master Yoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    CA desert
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB
    Nice. Some put them here as well. Love my wireless charger!

Braxen[OP] likes this.
  4. Aug 20, 2018 at 7:29 PM
    yotagang548

yotagang548 Active Member

Member:
    Squamish, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Extended cab Tacoma TRD
    Flowmaster 50 series muffler n' some stuff
    I just got everything to do the mod, however, I have a couple clarifying questions. How do you suggest connecting the red eyelet terminal on the end of the 12V adapter to the new fuse attachment? Also, I noticed the new fuse attachment is using 16 gauge wire, where you had suggested using 18 gauge wire to extend it to the center console before connecting it to the 12V red wire. Sorry if these are some stupid questions, I just haven't messed with the electronics on my truck before and want to make sure all the wiring is done correctly.

5. Oct 18, 2018 at 12:50 PM
    WhiteNemesis

WhiteNemesis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr PattyCakes
    T-Town, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Cant get enough
    Blow it through the roof
    Why not bypass the charge outlet and hard wire the usb to the cable? Seems silly to have that under the counsel if the charger is going to be plugged into it 24/7, otherwise, very nice!

6. Oct 18, 2018 at 12:59 PM
    TacomaMike37

TacomaMike37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    13' DCLB MGM
    Pretty sweet man.

Products Discussed in

To Top