1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring a 4-wire flat harness to 2002 Tacoma

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by r0cky, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Apr 16, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    r0cky

r0cky [OP] New Member

Member:
    Help - I've wired this thing several ways but can't get the brake lites to work - running lights and turn signals okay but no brakes. Do you have have the converter type harness to make this work?

Thanks for any help,
    R0cky

2. Apr 16, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    99yodataco

99yodataco Little Taco that could

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    New Mexico, it's just a little bit fresher.
    Vehicle:
    99 taco 2.7l SAS
    Dana 44 front and some other useless things.
    I have a Hoppy brand harness on mine. It plugs into the tail light connectors just behind the tail lights or you could get the tail light converter. Just connect the marker, left turn, right turn, break, and the ground wires to the converter.

3. Apr 17, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    krlang

krlang NewEnglander

Member:
    Commonwealth of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    03 2WD 2.4L Tacoma Reg Cab
    Chrome Bumpers F&R, Grille & Corner Lights, Wheel Skins, Red/Clear LED taillights, Remote start, PDL, Cruise, K&N, All Kenwood, DNX-5120 6.1" NAV/TRAFFIC/DTV/DVD/XM/BLUETOOTH/USB/IPOD/SUB/rear cam, Tint, Air Band radio, Class 3 Hitch with 4/7 pin harness, Transmission Cooler, Red Top Battery, "Deck Plate" mod.
    Ditto on the hoppy connector,
    Runs from the taillight connectors and had a built in converter at the 4 wire plug. Wal-Mart was clearing them out, so I grabbed it. Then I went on amazon, got a 4 wire to 7 pin round/4 wire assembly. Mounted it vertically to the underside of my bumper, wired a 30a fuse to the battery and grounded it to the threaded bracket on the bottom of the bed, now it will charge a trailer battery. Great little assembly, it was short money.

To Top