1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring diagram check

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Pugga, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Nov 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    Pugga

Pugga [OP] Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I got both of my switches in and they're working great! One thing though, they must have changed the internals of the switch with regards to the lighting. The lights are on when the circuit powering the lights is on, regardless of switch position. I missed it in this diagram but the lights will be on when 1 and 3 are powered. Switch position does not matter.
    contura_VJDAD66B_4f451cda3fbf7513ba2444e20b4c19f6c335f398.jpg

When I wire up my heated mirrors, I will re-wire the light portions of the switch but the functionality is perfect!

Thanks to all that helped! :thumbsup:

2. Nov 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    :cheers:

3. Nov 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Yeah, I realized it after I got it all completed. I'll mess with it a little more now that I know what I'm doing. I'll get creative with the lighting options. I think I'm going to have the lower bulb on when the headlights come on (the lower bulb identifies the switch), then have the upper bulb come on when the switch is powering the accessory in either position (a jumper wire should do the trick).

headlight power to 1
    4, 5 and 6 will control the relays (high beam to 4, ign to 6, 5 goes to the relay)
    jumper from 5 to 3
    cap 2
    ground 7

4. Nov 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Here are the results!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have them partially rewired since it was annoying to have the switch lights on whenever the ignition was on. Not complete yet, but the function works great and they look nice in the dash. It look some minor shaving to make them fit but nothing too difficult.

5. Nov 23, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Push your dash back in all the way! Haha

6. Nov 23, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    It's been like that for a while. I'm missing one of those clips to hold it in place :eek:

7. Nov 23, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Ah, That would bug the shit out of me!

8. Nov 23, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    It does bug me, quite a bit actually. I'll have the dash apart again next weekend for my heated mirror mod and I'm going to try to fix it then. Figure there's no sense fixing what I'm bound to break again anyways.

9. Nov 23, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    True, you going with the 4runner mod or the diy?

10. Nov 23, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Sienna mirror glass. I tried the DIY and it didn't end well. My mirrors were old and the paper was stuck to the back and trying to remove it in order to glue the heater elements ruined the chrome covering. Expensive lesson learned, Sienna heated mirror glass is ordered and on it's way.

11. Nov 23, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Nice. I'm wanting to do the 4runner but it seems some are having trouble with it...

12. Nov 23, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    That's a complete mirror swap, right? The Sienna mod just swaps the glass. Have you seen the heated towing mirrors that Mach1man001 was selling? They're relatively easy to install, are heated, expand for towing and have a turn signal built in.

13. Nov 23, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Yep. I like the look of the 4Runner ones better. Plus they have the puddle light. Gotta have more lights :D

14. Nov 23, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I know exactly what you mean :D
    [​IMG]
    So far I've got retrofitted headlights, retrofitted fog lights and 4 PIAA 520 driving lights. The new switches control the PIAAs.

15. Nov 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM
    Drunknsloth

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Haha I'm getting there but my progress has slowed since I just bought a new hc rear bumper

16. Nov 24, 2012 at 6:37 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I ended up going a little nuts this fall. I bought my retro kit for my headlights and, a month later, Jerry offered 30% off sliders. Couldn't pass it up so they're on the way. :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top