1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring for fog lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by hrojos, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Mar 27, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    hrojos

hrojos [OP] New Member

Member:
    West Texas
    Vehicle:
    12 Prerunner Tx edition
    none
    Hello I hope that somebody can help me. I have been looking if my truck is already wired for installing the fog lights. My truck is a 2012 6 cyl prerunner
    I have seen several treads with the installation but they never show the location where the wires are (if the truck is prewired). If any one has a picture of the location or if I just simply have to use the aftermarket wire that comes with the kit
    Thanks

2. Apr 2, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    hrojos

hrojos [OP] New Member

Member:
    West Texas
    Vehicle:
    12 Prerunner Tx edition
    none
    Nobody out there with a picture on how and where the harnesses look for the fog lights?

3. Apr 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM
    brownstone1981

brownstone1981 New Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2012 regular cab 4x4 tacoma
    New, stock,as of 4/22/12
    I have the same problem, I havent had the chance to explore my truck very much, I just bought it today. I did notice 2 black and yellow stripped wires (one on each side) that run up to the core support, maybe thats what we need, havent checked in the cab to see if I could find any thing. Somebody out there please help!

4. Apr 27, 2012 at 5:06 AM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Those blk/yellow wires sound like the air bag sensors? I am not sure if things changed in 2012, but many 6 cyl trucks were pre wired for fogs- if not its easy to wire up. If you go Factory, pricing for the fog lights/switch/wiring harness is pretty steep...:(

5. Apr 27, 2012 at 5:57 AM
    Country101

Country101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma access cab V6 4x4 manual
    dirty truck mod, custom trailer scratch on tailgate, husky floorliners, OME Lift
    Hey guys. If these are like my '08 you can look behind the fog light blanks on the frame and you should find a set of wires with a factory plug taped up there somewhere. If you do, you are already prewired and dont need any wires for the kit. I THINK the wires for the switch should be behind the top left or top right switch blanks in the cab. Not sure on that, or if the 12s are differant. The plug in under the bumper should be really easy to spot, so if you find it, you are good. You could also look in the fuse box under the hood and see if you see the appropriate relay. If you are not wired for it, that spot will probably be empty. The daigram in there will show you which position it is in. Hope this helps. I'm not where I can take any pictures to show you anything.

6. Apr 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    hrojos

hrojos [OP] New Member

Member:
    West Texas
    Vehicle:
    12 Prerunner Tx edition
    none
    I could not find any wires close to the blanks, also when I open the relay box, there are no visible connections for a relay, but when I open the place for the switch I found a connector there. I do not know of my truck is prewire or not

7. Apr 28, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    Country101

Country101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma access cab V6 4x4 manual
    dirty truck mod, custom trailer scratch on tailgate, husky floorliners, OME Lift
    OP, in the fuse box, look on the labels for where stuff is supposed to go, and you will see a block that would be the relay. It should say fog lights or something. It will either be empty or actually have the relay there for you. There will just be holes for the prongs if it's not in there. The wires for the fog lights should be taped up to something. Mine were pretty easy to spot, but they may be tucked behind something on yours.

Products Discussed in

To Top