1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wiring harness on 07 5 lugger?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Brick, May 21, 2012.

1. May 21, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    Brick

Brick [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    07 Acess cab SR5, Silver
    Hey TW, I know I am probably already known for asking stupid questions, but oh well that why I joined this forum.. I recently added a trailer hitch to my truck and I was thinking the other day, "wait how the hell am I going to hook up trailer lights?" so I crawled under it and I didn't see a bus or wiring harness. I have a 07 5 lug sr5 with a 2.7 in it.. I know it isnt too hard to tap the tail lights and I can solder so I could solder the connections, but I am wondering is there is a harness hiding somewhere before I tap into the wiring system?

Also I got a Valley Hitch, that attaches to the bumper in the small plugs, but I couldn't get the stock bumper plugs back in with the screws in place, and I wrecked them trying to force them on.. Is there a place to get different bumper plugs, or maybe raised after market ones, so I don't have issues getting them over the screws? The installation kit said the stock ones should fit over the screws, but ti also said they are flat button style screws, but they are really counter sunk, so I think they are sitting a hair high for the plugs.

Again any help is always appreciated. Thanks..

To Top