1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wiring led lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by iceman4226, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Aug 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    iceman4226

iceman4226 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Bloomington Ind.
    Vehicle:
    2013 acc cab TRD
    Going to wire my 30" rigid LED lights in. What I thought about doing is wiring the fog lights direct to the or with the dim side of the head lights. and use the fog light power wire for the control wire for the LED light. so I can use the fog light switch. Does anybody see any problems with adding the fogs to the head lights? I wouldnt think it it would be too much amp draw on the dim side. I have my rigid lights wired to my bright circuit on my other truck. So when I want brights I get BRIGHTS

2. Aug 23, 2013 at 5:57 AM
    JWaldz

JWaldz It puts the Joe Dirt in the hole

Member:
    First Name:
    Waldo
    Colo Springs
    Vehicle:
    99 4Runner LTD
    Why don't you just leave the fog circuit alone and wire up your LED bar to a DPDT switch that will allow for independent control as well as control through the high beam circuit. That way you can use it by itself without having any lights on and also have it like you had before with it coming on only with the brights. All you'll need is a switch, switch cover, relay kit, and some spare wire.

Wire diagram
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/287237-wiring-led-lightbar-high-beams.html

Switch
    http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VJD1D66B-00000-000

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top