1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring Side Marker

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by evanch123, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Apr 2, 2011 at 9:45 AM
    evanch123

evanch123 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    denver
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma Extra Cab
    K&N FIPK Jardine Cat Back
    Hey I just installed an Elite off-road front bumper last weekend. I put the turn signals in the bumper and they work great. My dad mentioned that you cant see my signal from the side only the front. I want to add another light to the side corner of the bumper. How do I wire this light so it stays on with running/headlights but also signals? I like the idea of a marker but also a signal on the front side of the vehicle.

-Evan

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/elite-off-road/99151-96-04-elite-off-road-plate-bumper.html

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=301269&id=507412837&l=2a9b18280f

2. Apr 2, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R
    SAS.. Need I say more.
    Side marker's aren't that important.. But, to wire them in, you can splice right into your other turn signals, and have them fed off the power from them. Extremely simple!

3. Apr 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    chazjb

chazjb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Oregon
    Deck plate mod, Magnaflow exhaust, Toytec 3in lift, Bestop canopy, Spray on bedliner across the bottom foot of the truck and fenders. HID 6000k 85W converted Hella 500's & 4000's, HID headlights 5000k 35W. Custom build roof basket, Pioneer Avic-x920bt deck with rockford amp and kicker sub.

I just did this mod on my truck after installing my elite bumper. You can just switch the wiring like said above but then you will have a fast blinker as if one bulb is out. ( this happened to me ) so I looked around and found in the DIY thread that you can buy a 1157 bulb type socket and have that put in the corner light. There are two different styles... a single post and a dual post. You would need the double post socket and a dual fillament bulb to allow for running lights and also a blinker. I got it all done last weekend and it works great.

PM me if you have any questions.

Hope this helps

4. Apr 7, 2011 at 1:29 PM
    evanch123

evanch123 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    denver
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma Extra Cab
    K&N FIPK Jardine Cat Back
    I have a turn signal in that bumper. 2 inch round LED that are clear and flash orange. I want to add a side marker that stays on with headlights but also flashes when I signal. I would need a ground, hot from headlight light and hot from turn signal. But the lights only have 2 wires. So I'm just going to wire them into turn signal.

5. Apr 10, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    chazjb

chazjb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Oregon
    Deck plate mod, Magnaflow exhaust, Toytec 3in lift, Bestop canopy, Spray on bedliner across the bottom foot of the truck and fenders. HID 6000k 85W converted Hella 500's & 4000's, HID headlights 5000k 35W. Custom build roof basket, Pioneer Avic-x920bt deck with rockford amp and kicker sub.

Mine are always on just like normal but blink like you say you want when the turn signal is on. Oh well

To Top