1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wisconsin Tacomas and bad financial advice

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by Thatbassguy, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Apr 21, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    TMartATC22

TMartATC22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Southeastern WI
    Vehicle:
    08 Rad Red TRD Sport DCSB
    265/70R17 Hankook DynaPro ATM, TRD CAI, 1.5'' Leveling Kit, JVC Bluetooth/IPod/HD Radio Head Unit, WeatherTech Floor Mats, LED Tailgate light
    Snow covered Taco here up in Ashland. Like most, I've searched through TW for a while now and finally had time to set up an account. Good to see other Wisco Tacos and their proud owners!

2. Apr 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    SconnieHailer

SconnieHailer PutterClutch

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road Double Cab V6 6Speed
    :wave: I lived in Ashland for a while and have family there :)

Sad that I missed the book accross the bay this year since I moved out to WY...

3. Apr 21, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    TMartATC22

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Southeastern WI
    Vehicle:
    265/70R17 Hankook DynaPro ATM, TRD CAI, 1.5'' Leveling Kit, JVC Bluetooth/IPod/HD Radio Head Unit, WeatherTech Floor Mats, LED Tailgate light
    My fiance did the Book this year in snowshoes... She didn't walk so well for a few days, 6K is a bit far!

4. Apr 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    SconnieHailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    haha! yea snowshoes would be rough!

5. Apr 26, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    TMartATC22

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Southeastern WI
    Vehicle:
    Sconnie: what % tint did you put on the front windows?

6. Apr 26, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    aw113sgte

aw113sgte Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm in La Crosse WI, seems like no wheeling unless you drive for hours. Disappointing.

7. Apr 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    I got Rims and tires for sale + a supercrew sub box. Check Appleton Craigslist. Just got a new Rock warrior..sorry buys but its badass. Always wanted it ...miss my taco but life goes on.

Trade in was awesome 89k bought my rig for 28500 got 18500 - Can't beat that. Lift was starting to chew up the front end - either dump another 1k and go past the 100k mark and really lose resale or upgrade. After setting my eyes on the Tundy and test driving it - it was all over.

Wheeling up in the UP and logging roads in Vilas, Iron county all the time -heading up this weekend. Might get messy :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  8. Apr 26, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    SconnieHailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    I've got zero tint on all my windows. It must just be the overcast day that makes them look tinted lol!

9. Apr 27, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    TMartATC22

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Southeastern WI
    Vehicle:
    Wheel'n up here in the Northwoods has been awesome all winter, if you enjoy snow. Now with the crazy temp change this weekend, mud's everywhere!!! Time to give myself a reason to give her a bath!

10. May 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    DblCabMN

DblCabMN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mpls, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    03 DC TRD/LTD
    Bilstein 5100's all around - Toytec/Eibach 112-620 Coils, Wheelers 5-Pack+Wheelers 2"AAL. 33x10.5x15 KM2s - Siped on Summit Racing 84-5883 rims with 3.750 BS. 4.88s. Demello HD round sliders. Home built full skids. Home built front bumper. Plasti'd badges. Energy Susp. steering rack bushings. Sway bar delete. Deck plate mod. aFe Pro-Dry. Gibson exhaust.
    Hey guys, only a week away from the Open House weekend at the IROHV park in Gilbert MN - Just an hour from Duluth, three from the Cities.

You all should probably make the trip. :)

11. May 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    sparkystaco

sparkystaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sparky
    SE Wi
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 dc trd ofrd
    3" lift? A.R.E cap 285/70/17 moto metal 955 17x9
    Avid light bar for sale check B/S/T thread

12. May 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    TMartATC22

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Southeastern WI
    Vehicle:

I saw this in Four Wheeler Magazine, would love to come over but already have plans... I may try to get out there once or twice this summer though when work slows down...

13. May 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    DblCabMN

DblCabMN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mpls, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    03 DC TRD/LTD
    Bilstein 5100's all around - Toytec/Eibach 112-620 Coils, Wheelers 5-Pack+Wheelers 2"AAL. 33x10.5x15 KM2s - Siped on Summit Racing 84-5883 rims with 3.750 BS. 4.88s. Demello HD round sliders. Home built full skids. Home built front bumper. Plasti'd badges. Energy Susp. steering rack bushings. Sway bar delete. Deck plate mod. aFe Pro-Dry. Gibson exhaust.
    Right on!

I'll try to remember to post-up in this thread the next time our club heads up on an open-invite ride.

14. Aug 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    sparkystaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Sparky
    SE Wi
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 dc trd ofrd
    Anyone going to Crandon this wknd for the TORC offroad races?

15. Sep 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM
    Hollywood218

Hollywood218 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WI
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Off-Road
    We were going to, but work screwed me and we didn't get to our cabin (Lower Post Lake/Elcho area) until 1:30am Saturday. And Sunday was too cold/rainy to take the youngster. I heard the CJ/Johnny battle was pretty epic, kinda pissed we didn't get to see it :(

16. Sep 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    sparkystaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Sparky
    SE Wi
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 dc trd ofrd

Sorry you missed it,
    We went on saturday, the weather was perfect & the racing epic
    I swear the track gets faster every year

17. Dec 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    45acp

45acp Paint me back in Wyoming again...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Boring, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    1981 Long bed 4x4
    Good news!

----------------------------------

Forest County Chairman names ad-hoc committee for proposed off-road park

Supervisors and citizens to work with off-road park group to assess feasibility for proposed park

Forest County—County Chairman Paul Millan named three county supervisors and two citizens to work with the non-profit group Wisconsin Off-Road Vehicle Park, Inc. (WORVPI) to determine benefits and risks of park development in Forest County. “Before we ask the county board to make any final decisions there are many questions that have to be answered,” stated Millan. “We carry the burden of responsibility for the taxpayer to make certain that benefits of a park are real and there is no risk of harm to the full faith and credit of Forest County.”

Millan announced a Forest County Off-Road Park Committee represented by supervisors Paul Cleereman (Caswell), Mike Albrecht (Laona), and chaired by Steve Bunda (Lincoln), joined by two citizen committee members; Cheryl Ehlinger (Town of Wabeno) and Jerry Gudowicz (Town of Armstrong Creek). This group will begin a series of meetings with the WORVPI Phase II action committee under a formal Memorandum of Understanding. The initial goal of this committee will be to oversee the county’s portion of a grant which is focused on completing the scoping phase of the project.

The notion of an off-road park has been building for a decade or more in Forest County. Things progressed in 2006, not soon after the Wisconsin Natural Resources Board, after recognizing the overwhelming economic impact of off-road parks in neighboring states, unanimously passed a directive seeking that one be developed in Wisconsin. Efforts in other areas of the state have to date not been successful.

Forest County’s effort picked up even more momentum in the past few years due to the support of University of Wisconsin Extension agent Steven Nelson, as a formal non-profit (WORVPI) was formed, twelve-member board elected, and the investment was made in a feasibility study and business plan, now completed.

Forest County Economic Development Partnership (FCEDP) President RT Krueger, while expressing support for the potential economic impact the project could bring to the county, noted the need to make certain that Forest County’s pristine environment is protected. “We choose to live in Forest County for its quality of life and great natural resources. Projecting this environment and making certain that a park will not negatively impact our watersheds and ecological values is paramount.” One of the steps to help ensure environmental protection will be a partnership with the National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC).

Along the way, the decade-long plan of an off-road park of up to 10,000 acres has led to very recent speculation and unfounded rumors of potential economic exposure to the county, as well as impact to the environment and communities. Confidentiality has been important to protect the venture from being developed in another region or by private investors that would seek to maximize personal profit. “I expect this process to help us separate the wheat from the chaff and determine what this could mean to taxpayers, business owners, and local municipalities,” added Mike Albrecht.

Recently, the county board agreed to invest matching funds for a grant through the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC). That grant was recently completed by FCEDP. The grant is focused on determining alternatives for grants and financing for potential acquisition, environmental evaluation studies of the seven potential sites, potential for marketing income, and appraisal services. Once phase two (scoping phase) of the project is complete, possibly as late as early summer, options will be presented at a public meeting before any final commitment will be considered. Any talk of purchase price or finance rates prior to the completion of the scoping phase is mere conjecture.

WORVPI President John Schnorr applauded Millan’s announcement stating “it is important that we complete the process of determining the best path forward for all parties that may be involved. Certainly this announcement creates the opportunity for Forest County to have more influence on the final process as opposed to completing the project with private investors.”

Thank you.

Jim Schuessler, Executive Director

Forest County Economic Development Partnership

P. O. Box 96

Crandon, WI 54520

(715) 851-7776

Fax (715) 784-6062
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly I didn't even know this organization existed. Good to see they're gaining ground. :cool: (no pun intended ha)

http://www.worvpi.org/

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  18. Dec 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    sparkystaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Sparky
    SE Wi
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 dc trd ofrd
    Interesting read as I haven't heard of this before now,
    it will be interesting to find out where they are going to build this park, considering the popularity of the offroad day they had this summer at the racetrack in Crandon

19. Dec 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    Hollywood218

Hollywood218 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WI
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Off-Road
    This will be really cool if everything works out, as my family has a cabin not far from Crandon (Lower Post Lake). Plus it would give me a place to use my new addition:[​IMG][​IMG]

20. Dec 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    Hawkeye888

Hawkeye888 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am in down in south central WI, Janesville.

Products Discussed in

To Top