1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wisdom Teeth Removal!

Discussion in 'Health' started by ColtsTRD, Aug 28, 2010.

?

Were you awake or alseep when they took out your wisdom teeth?

Poll closed Sep 27, 2010.
  1. I was put to sleep

46 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. I stayed awake with local numbing

28 vote(s)
    37.8%
  1. Aug 30, 2010 at 10:19 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Took some muscle relaxers the morning of the procedure, then being sedated, i only remember my girlfriend helping me into her car then waking up 7 p.m

2. Aug 30, 2010 at 10:22 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Yea, I hear that anesthesia will mess you up lol! I'm gonna try to get em taken out awake :eek:

3. Aug 30, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Don't do it haha, it will be miserable. Its better if you just slept through it, it will make the time go by fast ;)

4. Aug 31, 2010 at 6:47 AM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    I bet you scared the crap out of your gf driving home in the condition you were in!...:eek:

5. Aug 31, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    A regular dentist can't do-if memory serves me correctly. You'll need an oral surgeon....Even if the teeth are in they can go back into the jaw and under the skin as well. It will be years if they do decide to come in and stay....get'm out now while your young and healthy...don't wait until your 70's!!!

6. Aug 31, 2010 at 5:01 PM
    lIlOtAcO

lIlOtAcO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Jax, FL.
    Vehicle:
    2010 S/C PreRunner SR5
    Brand FlippiN New
    i dont have time to read thru the 4 pages. but I had all 4 taken out on a carrier in the persian gulf. They just numbed me up pretty good and drugged me up for 2 days. Hope you dont get the dry socket stuff they talk about. Mine was all good after about 36hrs and i started slowly eating soft foods.

7. Aug 31, 2010 at 5:05 PM
    mike686

mike686 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Waldorf
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    See Build Thread
    got mine done two years ago this november, ended up going in knowing i had five wisdom teeth, after i was put to sleep and the procedure done, woke up and the doc told me i ended up having six wisdom teeth, all impacted and anybody here knows that means that they are laying flat, so there was no easy way to do it, i still have inch long gashes in my jaw, they are scarred now but yeah pretty painful, but was given oxycodine they made me pass out, good thing mary jay doesnt do that haha but yeah ended up using excedrin but thats my experience

8. Aug 31, 2010 at 5:12 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    I had to get all of mine out, the lower ones were coming in and pushing against my molars (no pain though) and were causing the molars to spin around. I had braces at the time and nothing my orthodontist did could get those damn things to spin back around. To this day my back molars sit about 20 degrees out of line with the next tooth. Don't put it off even if the pain stops, get them out pronto!
    So, I had all 4 out at once - Novocaine only. Came out in little chunks, sort of distrubing hearing them break the teeth apart in your mouth. Weird. Don't plan on eating or drinking for hours afterwards...the novocaine completely numbed my throat and I couldn't swallow until late afternoon (I was out of the dr's office at around 1030). It sucked because I couldn't take any pain pills all day. Other than that my neck was bruised and swollen for a few days and my jaw was sore, felt pretty much normal after about a week. And avoid the prescribed pain meds...I didn't realize how loopy those damn things made me until I was sitting in physics class (had the teeth taken out over spring break) and was finding the lecture quite amusing...:cool:

EDIT - stock up on ice cream, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, and popsicles. That will be your diet for a few days.

9. Aug 31, 2010 at 5:30 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    I had all 4 of mine removed in January... Absolutely no pain till I got myself a dry socket! Ibuprofen doesn't do anything for me, so I had to take hydro when it got really bad... Not bad at all though, I was put under and all messed up for the whole night... I was told that I was hitting on my nurse as she helped me out to the truck...lol!

10. Aug 31, 2010 at 5:32 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    Well did she reply...or call you later.....:D

11. Aug 31, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    bnavin

bnavin Negative Ghostrider

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Littleton, Colorado
    OME lift, driveline spacer, iPod interface, rattle canned center console and radio face flat black, LEER topper, Yakima rack, 20% tint all around
    wash them out!!! dry sockets suck. i had to get my sockets cut open again to drain out fluid cuz 3 got infected

12. Aug 31, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    A normal dentist can do it as opposed to an "abnormal dentist?"
    :laughing::rofl:

(Sorry I just couldn't let that one go by....you family has my hat off to them...I couldn't do it---even if I was smart enough!)

13. Aug 31, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Nah man... She has a ring on her finger. Just an engagement ring, but a ring nonetheless... -1 me haha

Products Discussed in

To Top