1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wolverine oil pan heater

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by george3, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Feb 23, 2009 at 10:18 AM
    george3

george3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    I want to get one for my 08 2.7 4wd. The largest area is hidden under the front drive axle. The back of the reservoir well is 4x6 with 2 groves in it. Does anyone know if the Wolverine oil pan heater Model 16 250 WATTS which is 3.75 in. x 4.25 in would work on this vertical surface with the 2 groves. Thanks.

2. Feb 23, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    george3

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
  3. Feb 23, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    JJPF

JJPF Member

Member:
    Dillingham Alaska
    Vehicle:
    07 access cab sr5 2.7 5 spd
    That's where I put mine. It's been on for about a year now and works fine. They say it shouldn't be on a surface that's not smoothe but I didn't see much of an option.,

4. Feb 23, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    george3

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the reply. They told me to fill in the groves with liq. steel. Did you do that? Did you clean the surface b4 u stuck it on? If so with what? How did u route the electric line? Any info you can give is appreciated. Any mistakes you made that I could avoid? Did you order the #16? If so how did it work for you this winter? Man I'm a P.I.T.A. with all these questions. Thanks.

5. Feb 23, 2009 at 12:06 PM
    JJPF

JJPF Member

Member:
    Dillingham Alaska
    Vehicle:
    07 access cab sr5 2.7 5 spd
    I didn't fill in the grooves. I sanded the paint off then cleaned it with acetone or denatured alchohol I can't remember which for sure. I can't remember the model but that sounds right-about the size of a deck of cards or so if I remember right.

6. Feb 23, 2009 at 12:47 PM
    george3

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Thanks. So you are worried about rust I guess. I have to fill out my profile more but it looks like you have the same truck as I do, just different year.

Products Discussed in

To Top