1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

women in combat/battle

Discussion in 'Military' started by jmg256, Jan 23, 2013.

1. BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat "Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    Nebraska/South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    93 Pickup 4x4 [22R-E] 5MT
    OME suspension, LCE Performance parts, Konigs, etc. [see build]
    I disagree with both of these statements entirely.

ell my men there was just inside and outside the wire or that they got more than a bucket of well water and a hole in the ground for a piss tube.

2. soldierguy

soldierguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    '12 Access Cab 4X4 V6 6MT
    I'm not sure what you're saying about inside the wire and outside the wire.

And I never said that every location did have adequate showers, latrines, housing, etc. What I said was that any logistician would be offended if someone told him he couldn't get those things pretty much anywhere. If it's a leadership priority to get something to a particular location and the resources are available, then I'm convinced a logistician can make it happen. And now, this stuff will become a leadership priority. In your case, it sounds like your leadership thought that piss tubes were adequate, and in a male-only environment, they can be perfectly adequate.

I've been on a couple of male-only teams that lived and worked well away from other Americans (in other words we were not on a FOB). The only thing that prevented us from having females on the team were inadequate facilities, because it wasn't a leadership priority to get females on my teams and then supply the necessary resources to make it happen.

3. BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat "Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    Nebraska/South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    93 Pickup 4x4 [22R-E] 5MT
    OME suspension, LCE Performance parts, Konigs, etc. [see build]
    Not trying to start anything. I re-read my post and realized I sounded somewhat crass. My bad, not my intentions, it's hard to "type" out things without doing so ha

I simply meant to point out that there are still people who are "on the front lines" in the effect that they are pushing further into enemy territory and taking compounds to sleep in and fortify as they go. Also that the Marine Corps doesn't have the budget or the means to do a lot of what other branches like our brothers in the Army can. Our unit pushed south over many miles and peed in tubes and there was no "in the wire" kind of thinking is all. I was simply meaning to point out that while there may be a majority of places that hygiene wouldn't be an issue, there are still "infantrymen" (which is what we're discussing) who don't have those accommodations and admin and logistics can't keep up with them.

4. river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    I just do not see combat barbie working.Packing heavy gear all day and where will she sleep at night. Also what if some 300 lb.er is down can she drag him to cover..Also guys are going to look out for her more what happens to the other guys and places not being watched now?? Lots of ????? that no one has the answers too now!!

To Top