1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WOOHOO new Leafs..not TSB though = (

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ryanf, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Dec 1, 2009 at 9:35 PM
    ryanf

ryanf [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    06 AC 4X4 6cly/6spd TRD-OR
    Rain Visors,
    Hey guys, about two weeks ago, I blew both my Air Lift air bags, and completely trashed my rear Leaf springs. I over loaded the truck by a lot and that's all she wrote. My truck needed new leafs anyway, was at the point where i'd put 500lbs in the back and i'd hit the bump stops. Brought it in a few times, each time denied me the TSB because of miliage.

They did the same this time, i fought and fought, called corporate, still denied. The service manager at the dealership was really trying to help me out because a truck that has a payload of 1000lbs should hold 1000 lbs for the span of the truck, not 50K and die.

So he fought, they denied, i called the sent an inspector to take a look at it, inspector said, "rear leafs can be flat or even inverted if that's how they are designed" so the service manager put 500# in the back, and there was about 3/8" between the bumpstop. The service manager said, it should not be that close. The inspector said it was fine, and would support just fine, the service manager then asked him to put his hand between the bumpstop and frame, and they will load the truck with it's max payload, since he was so convinced there was nothing wrong and it would support it just fine.....

I have new springs......they are the old ones (3 leaf pack) but it's better then nothing, combine that with my airbags and I am ok...

2. Dec 1, 2009 at 9:40 PM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB TRD Sport Prerunner 4x4
    Things and stuff and such
    Sounds like a pain in the ***, glad you finally got it fixed though.:cheers:

3. Dec 1, 2009 at 10:27 PM
    LEBM

LEBM Thread Killer

Member:
    Eleanor, WV
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4 - Pyrite Mica
    Kudos to the service manager...

4. Dec 1, 2009 at 10:46 PM
    sincitytaco

sincitytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Icons, Bilstein 5100, Rear Leaf TSB, 17x9 American Racing Chamber Teflon, 275/70/17 Goodyear
    Need to be more assertive my friend.

5. Dec 2, 2009 at 4:35 AM
    crittergitter

crittergitter Proud to be Canadian Navy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stu
    Shearwater, NS
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma 4WD Double Cab
    Bugger, skid plate, colour coded cap, bed mat, AFE Air Filter, Rear diff breather mod, Chirp on door lock;unlock, ABS mod, Weathertechs front and rear, 60" Hi-lift jack, LED light mod in rear bed, 12V accessory in bed, n more stuff.
    I am having no luck through Toyota. My truck has been in service for 45 months and has 52,000km on it. I only got the truck two weeks ago and I know it isn't supposed to bottom out as easy as it does. I went to the Toyota dealer here and they told me the sidewalls in my tires may be soft. I had my Navy uniform on and apparently that makes me a moron; give me a break. I just got back from the spring shop and they will re-arch my springs (except the main leaf) and add another leaf arched to my springs, install new u-bolts and the centre bolts for $365 plus tax (Canadian $s). Has anyone else gone this route?

To Top