1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Working out

Discussion in 'Health' started by cmack, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Apr 23, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    I run every other day about 5+ miles (with 9min miles), on weekends i try and do a 10k (with 10min miles).

2. Apr 23, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    cmack

cmack [OP] Impeach Chris4x4!

Member:
    :devil:

10 years of playing wil do that to you. Among other things...

Hoping I can lose a bit of weight from this too since I've gained like 30lbs since I stopped playing 17 months ago. :(

3. Apr 23, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    FOr bad knees u may be limited to swimming and cycling for cardio. If the issue is patellofemoral disease (ie kneecap arrthritis, chondromalacia, cartilage damage etc) seat adjustment for cycling is crucial and definitely avoid open-chain exercises such as leg extension machine. If squatting or lunges stay with light weight and only descend to 45 to 60 degrees instead of traditional 90degs. Also IT band does not attach to kneecap and stetching such as crossovers will usuaaly help.

4. Apr 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM
    cmack

cmack [OP] Impeach Chris4x4!

Member:
    Cycling did cause me pain in the past, but it could very well have been seat adjustments. Lunges, I have found much pain with those. I'll try doing it at a 45-60 degree angle instead though and see how it goes.

Oh and these are the knee braces I wear. I have one on each. They seem to have helped with support, in the past however many years. I wore them a the end of my hockey career while I played. It helped a lot.

[​IMG]

5. Apr 23, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    I like those stabilizing wraps. Start out cycling with really low resistance and if your tolerating work your way up slowly. Make sure seat is up or back far enough that when your feet are at the farthest point in the arc away from your body, your knees have just a slight amount of bend/flexion. around 10 degrees

6. Apr 23, 2010 at 11:27 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Get some vibram five fingers and ditch those fucking braces. Strengthen your shit back up to how it should be, like our ancestors. All that shit does is make you more susceptiblr to injury. Look uo the benefits of barefoot training. Details how the more expensive your shoes are, the more prone to injury you become

7. Apr 24, 2010 at 11:40 AM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    those aren't braces...........
    vibram 5 fingers......what.......?
    barefoot training?????????:confused:

8. Apr 24, 2010 at 11:46 AM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Those McDavids just simply help stabilize the patella. Many people experience premature wear within the patellofemoral interval due to poor natural anatomic alignment and lateral riding patellae (ie kneecaps sit towards the outside aspect of the knee), or have had a patellar dislocation. This device simply allows u to apply a slight amount of counter-pressure to hopefully mildly improve the way the patella articulates within the trochlea (the groove on end of femur {thigh bone}).

9. Apr 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    I just started going to the gym last week. I do 45 minutes of weights and then do 2 miles on the elliptical machine.
    I used to think the gym was a waste of time.
    I go 4 days a week on my lunch break (we have a gym at work) and I'm already seeing a difference. I do upper body 2 days and legs 2 days.
    I'm not out of shape but since I'm single it's time to get into better shape LOL

10. Apr 24, 2010 at 1:22 PM
    kingtaco

kingtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yup three days on one day off. Every two cycles use body weight only for one cycle.

11. Apr 24, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Sorry, just assumed they're braces, yet in a way aren't they?

The five fingers and barefoot training will work all your leg muscles and correct deficencies.

12. Apr 24, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Firestone Airbags, leveled, Flowmaster 50 series, Leer canopy, 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's...
    I run 2.5 miles and then do about 40-80 minutes of weights and my weight workout consists of lats tri's bi's and quads

To Top