1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Workouts for LEO

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by TWLTRD11, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Jul 14, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    TWLTRD11

TWLTRD11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Currently in the pre-employment process for the US Customs and Border Patrol. I've been at the for a while now and just looking for something more specific to the job. Any direction is greatly appreciated. Just looking for some advice from you guys/gals already in an LEO position.
    I realize I need to move more towards a functional routine and thats what I am looking for. I have been doing mostly heavier weights and some runnings/cardio every day.

2. Jul 15, 2011 at 5:45 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Pushups, situps, run,stair climbers and supine bicycles. That will help you get through any academy. If thats what you are asking.

3. Jul 15, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Stay away from dunkin donuts :D

4. Jul 15, 2011 at 5:56 PM
    manofsteel

manofsteel Active Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    look into crossfit

5. Jul 15, 2011 at 6:00 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Too much money, if you wanted to go that route, functional fitness. I was in better shape while I was working at a quarry, then any academy I ever went through. Just my .02

6. Jul 15, 2011 at 6:02 PM
    tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4

this is pretty much all I do and, while the SC PT standards are probably lower than most places...I can smoke our PT tests

7. Jul 15, 2011 at 6:13 PM
    Cossi

Cossi TacoTacoTaco

Member:
  8. Jul 24, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    TacPro45

TacPro45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport Double Cab Long Bed
    Weathertech Floor Liners
    You can do crossfit without spending alot of money. Get the work out of the day off the site and buy a door jam mounted pull up bar. You can do alot!

9. Jul 24, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    When I was a LEO, my biggest challenge was never strength (always been natural big and strong), it was endurance... being able to outrun and outlast the other guy. So to build that up, I did a graduated running program which called for jogging/sprinting/walking in accelerated intervals. In 3-4 months, I could hang in there with anyone. I would also consider using a step machine and doing the same type of thing. I'm no fitness expert, but it worked for me. Good luck!

10. Jul 24, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    EndlessSummer

EndlessSummer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Yreka, Ca
    cops can't do crossfit :D

but seriously meow probably focus more on endurance workouts rather than max. weight. just my 2 cents

11. Jul 25, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    run, run and run some more..It will benefit on the street.

12. Aug 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    ronman737

ronman737 Dangerous

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Greenville, SC
    Bilstein HDs, K&N Drop in, fresh chassis, camper, 235/85s
    Im in the process for border patrol and cbp also. I have been doing sit ups and pushups running daily. I rotate legs and upperbody and rest every 4th day. I also hold some 40 lb dumbbells and do the box drill that is on the fitness test. I passed my OB in atlanta a month or 2 ago and am waiting on my pt1. Go to honorfirst.com if you havnt yet.

13. Aug 25, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    TyT

TyT Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Warner Robins GA
    Look into my gym workouts thread in health, its right at the top as a sticky all those guys in there can help you out with anything you need! miltary law or civis! It dont matter just ask them what you want to gain/ lose and what you have been doing and we all can try to make you up a plan!

Ty

14. Sep 14, 2011 at 7:32 PM
    humphrey242

humphrey242 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD/SR5 4x4
    3 inch toytec lift, magnaflow exhaust, 285/70/17 mud hawg tahatis, with self painted ultra rims
    My workouts consist of supersets and circuit training. I do 4 circuits each circuit contains a weighted exercise, body weight exercise, plyometric movement. My workout is a total body workout meaning i will train all larger and some smaller muscles that day, rest next day then come back on 3rd day. I take 1 minute rest in between each set so for example legs would be 10 weighted squats, 10 walking lunges with dumbells, 10 hamstring curls on boso ball and 10 jump squats, wait 1 minute then begin again. I train this way 3 days a week. In between these days I focus more on cardio, running swimming, or for me BJJ is the best workout and conditioning exercise out there.

15. Oct 7, 2011 at 12:28 AM
    Ckytard

Ckytard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Oceanside, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB Sport
    TRD cat back exhaust,15% window tint, debadged tailgate, blacked out emblems, white LED dome light, red LED map lights, Dynolock, tinted tail lights
    Are you applying to both U.S. Customs (Customs and Border Protection Officer) and Border Patrol because for starters they are two VERY different jobs and secondly if you attend the CBPO academy, it is very lax on physical standards. Border Patrol on the other hand is tested mainly on a mile and a half run, 200 yard dash, and a confidence (obstacle) course.

To Top