1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Worried About Cancer

Discussion in 'Health' started by AeroCooper, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Dec 13, 2010 at 10:11 AM
    EndlessSummer

EndlessSummer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Sonora, CA
    Sorry I'm not much help BUT I do wish you the best of luck and a full and speedy recovery. Keep us posted. And RELAX. Stay positive my friend.

2. Dec 13, 2010 at 11:56 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper [OP] Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Thanks again everyone, I appreciate all the suggestions and well-wishes, it does help to hear others thoughts at times like this. I am trying to relax, as there are several things that could be causing this, and my stomach is feeling much better today. I'll post when I hear more, but I'm still waiting for Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital to call me with an appointment date. They are extremely busy, but also one of the best in the country so it is worth a little wait for me.

3. Dec 13, 2010 at 7:39 PM
    USFCON

USFCON Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Melbourne, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5 Off Road
    FLM URD Short Shifter Debadged Gate 4 D-ring add on Weathertech floor mats Sport Wheel Swap Color matched Grill Bed lights Air freshner mod AAL Bilstein x 4 Tacolean Spacer Tins Bike Fork Mount Sexy Tires Blacked out Valence
    Blood in stool (minus nake eye source) = endoscopy. Go get scoped at a local GI doc's office endoscopy suite, and you will probably get a quicker appointment too. If negative, might CT your abd/pelvis just to be sure.
    :thumbsup: Good luck.

4. Dec 13, 2010 at 7:48 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift

I'm with him. My best friend developed it in high school. His was pretty serious. Went from 225 down to about 160. Couldn't hardly hold it long enough to get to the bathroom. Was going 10-15 times a day at the LEAST. They thought colon cancer at first, but found out it was UC. He was on all kinds of prescribed steroids to get it under control and nothing was working. I know not a lot of people believe in it, but he went to a "natural healing" doctor and she gave him all kinds of drops to put into his water. After 3 years of nothing working from the doctors, it cleared up when he started doing what the natural healing dr told him to do. Hasn't had any problems since then.

Good luck to ya, and prayers goin up.

5. Dec 13, 2010 at 8:02 PM
    Rufus

Rufus Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD PreRunner Sport
    OEM Truck Bed Extender, Window Tint, Tailgate Security Mod, OEM Spare Tire Lock, Cam Locks (storage compartments), OEM Bed Mat, OEM Skid Plate, Stant 11504 Locking Gas Cap, TW Edrin55 OEM Running Boards, Pop & Lock w/Back-Up Cam, Black WeatherTechs, Red Line Quick Lift Plus Hood Struts, Wet Okole Front Seat Covers-black/charcoal with red & white TRD graphic & back seat pockets, DIY Satoshi Grillcraft & Old School Toyota Badge, TW ZonKs Black UWS Low Pro Truck Box, Rear Suspension TSB, 3M Scotch Guard Paint & Headlight Protection Film 8mm Urethane, Flyzeye V2 Wired Amber/White/Amber Interior LED Lights w/Silver Case, Sleek Looking Black LED Tail Lights from K2 Motors (Identical to OEM, but black).
    :( Hope it's nothing serious and all turns out well for you. Sorry I can't add any medical advice but hope you get well. Keep us informed. :pray:

6. Dec 13, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    1) Let your medical people do what they do. Until then, relax, because you can't do ANYTHING about it except...

2) You're shitting bloody stools. Now is a great time to take a crap on the porch of someone you don't like.

7. Dec 14, 2010 at 5:43 AM
    AeroCooper

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    This may be right, I am also having weight loss and ribbons stools, which makes 3 cancer symptoms as well, but which I know some UC cases also have, even though it's not listed as an 'official' symptom. I just wish I could get a diagnosis, as Tom Petty once sang - the waiting is the hardest part right now.

8. Dec 14, 2010 at 6:09 AM
    Tacoma675

Tacoma675 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Kingwood,Tx
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4
    Husky floor mats
    Hey aero,
    I have UC. How long has the stomach pains been going on? I doubt you have cancer, I bet you just have some ulcers. you will be in my prayers!

9. Dec 14, 2010 at 6:17 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    There's a ton that can be wrong:
    Straining too hard (capillary bleeding)
    Internal hemorrhoids
    Erosive illnesses (such as ulcerative colitis)
    GI bleed, usuallly from diverticuli
    Ulcers
    Cancer

Lots of other stuff. Stress less. If it's bad, you'll have plenty of time TO stress.

10. Dec 14, 2010 at 6:31 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Sending some :pray: for your appt at DMC.
    I do not have any other experience or medical advice to share but hope for the best in the next round of your testing.

11. Feb 3, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    AeroCooper

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    Well, I'm finally back to update this. I got a colonoscopy on the 24th, and the most important thing right now is that he didn't see any signs of cancer. So a big *phew* there at least.
    However, he did see a mild inflammation and took several biopsies to be sent in for testing. I got the results today, and it appears that I have a mild case of Ulcerative Colitis. I'm very thankful that at least it is 'mild', for now, but still not exactly jumping for joy either. UC does increase the risk of future colon cancer, but that's for later.
    So, that's about it, just wanted to update anyone that's interested and say thanks again for the support, it definitely stopped me from over-worrying last month!

12. Feb 3, 2011 at 5:01 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Thanks for the update. Great news it's not cancer.

13. Feb 3, 2011 at 5:07 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2

14. Feb 3, 2011 at 8:35 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Awesome. Good to hear. My friend has been symptom free from UC for like 4 years now. Just gotta find the meds that work for you. Good luck.

15. Feb 7, 2011 at 5:03 PM
    tim allan

tim allan Well-Known Member

Member:
    apex, nc
    Vehicle:
    2017 double cab trd offroad
    I was always told it is normal to see a small amount of blood in your stool

16. Feb 12, 2011 at 4:29 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    I went through the same "shit" about 10 years ago. From what I understand, bright red blood is ok but dark is bad. Really freaked me out the first time it happened. I thought I was a goner! I had two colonoscopy since and no cancer or other major problems. They say its internal hemoroids or a fissure. Still happens quite often.

Eat lots of bran ;)

Take care!!

17. Feb 12, 2011 at 4:35 PM
    vbibi

vbibi Well-Known Member

Member:
    san fransisco bay area
    Vehicle:
    2009 4door long bed
    Prize God for the good news.
    Take care
    vbibi:(

18. Feb 12, 2011 at 4:38 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Prayers are being sent Bud! My Wife had similar issues, and was tested to the point of them scoping her, and nothing was found. SO.....Relax a bit ( as others have said), and wait until tests have concluded. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top