1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Worst day of my life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Maple85, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Apr 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM
    Maple85

Maple85 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland Oregon
    Lots to come at some point. Hopefully soon.
    I thank all you guys for the kind words and I think the advice has been great. I'm going to fight that urge to talk to her with everything I have. Hopefully after some time she will see that she needs me just as badly as I need her. It just seems like one of those really bad dreams that you know will never come true...at least for you and then BAM it does. All I can really do now is pray, wait and hope.

2. Apr 27, 2009 at 10:35 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    good plan man, just find something to burn some time to try and take your mind off of it! Got any mods planned for the taco?

3. Apr 27, 2009 at 10:40 PM
    alan

alan Active Member

Member:
    san jose, ca
    Vehicle:
    05 dbl cab prerunner
    It happens to every guy just the urges to talk to her, try going to the gym or something like that have fun and u will see everything comes into place

4. Apr 27, 2009 at 10:42 PM
    Maple85

Member:
    Portland Oregon
    I think another reason why this has been particularly tough on me is that she is really all I have got. I'm not going to lie I’m not the most social person in the world and the majority of my friends don’t live anywhere close to me. I find it tough to ever picture myself with a girl like that again. I’m worried that dating someone else in the future will constantly bring back “what if’s” in my head about Liz and I. It’s like I just lost absolutely everything that I had.

5. Apr 27, 2009 at 10:49 PM
    Maple85

Member:
    Portland Oregon
    Yeah I have about 1500 dollars that I was going to put into the truck (I just got it a month ago). I'm thinking that I may hold off on it though just in case I have the opportunity to ever use that money with her. I think if she would ever come back to me then maybe a little vacation or something would make her happy. I dunno...5 days ago I couldn't wait to do the mods now it’s just kinda like a lost interest and i'm holding out.

6. Apr 27, 2009 at 10:51 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    well you can still do things that dont cost much! Like paint your emblems or headlights

7. Apr 27, 2009 at 10:52 PM
    tacomajason

tacomajason the anti mpg

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    09 ssm ac oc 6mt 4wd
    stock (for now)
    you've still got breath in your lungs and dirt under your feet. i went through the same thing while i was in tech school in the air force. my fiance and gf of 2 years cheated on me. it completely ripped my heart out. i was plagued with guilt and pain. it was easy for her. it took me a year or so, and a rebound on a girl that i feel really bad about (long time friendship that i threw away). but i came out ok. i am happy, i met my wife who i love and look foward to spending the rest of my life with. my ex has since been in countless relationships that she has fucked up by more cheating and is miserable. if she comes back to you, so be it, but i promise you, i swear to you with all of my being, that there is more for you out there... you will see...

8. Apr 27, 2009 at 10:55 PM
    tacomajason

tacomajason the anti mpg

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    09 ssm ac oc 6mt 4wd
    stock (for now)
    i don't know her at all, so i don't know how much water this holds with you, but it sounds like she can't make herself happy, so i doubt a vacation would do her a lick of good. i think you should spend that money on something for yourself. 1500 bucks could build a SWEET stereo for your rig...

9. Apr 27, 2009 at 10:56 PM
    LoHoNas

LoHoNas Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Lake Jackson TX.
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 DC TRDSPORT MGM
    Debadged, Fog light mod,Grillcraft, Icons,TC UCA's, OME dakar leaf pack,Procomp 7089,BFG KM2 285/70/17 JVC NAV
    Try to win here back with some jewelry

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Apr 27, 2009 at 10:58 PM
    leo08pirate

leo08pirate Katzo production

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    Oceanside CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner 4.0L
    TRD exaust - Tinted Windows - TRD Intake - Alpine type S speakers
    who is she so we could all go with our tacomas jajaj
    sorry dude that sucks

11. Apr 27, 2009 at 11:12 PM
    MY50cal

MY50cal ---- Tread Lightly ---- Leave No Trace

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PM RC / 05 SWB AC (RIP)
    Yep.
    ^ haha ^

wonder how that would go... 50 Tacos show up at your house all WTF bitch?

use the some of the money on yourself bro, no reason to punish yourself and turn around and reward her when she comes back. wish the best for ya, but never know, could meet your wife tomorrow. :eek:

12. Apr 27, 2009 at 11:19 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    give her some time, every one of us has those kinds of insecurities, specially when things start to get more and more serious, some people call it cold feet, some people recover from that point, and some other just throw themselves out there, I really hope she comes around....

I tell you, because i was in kind of the same situation, my gf (now wife) and I were dating for about 6.5 years, when i realized that it was time to start doing more future plans, fear got a hold of me, I was confused, and finally got depressed, i got back with her in less than a week, but i also realized that it was not worth to put such kind of pressure on myself.... and now, im happily married with her and about to have a kid :), so i guess the advice is, let her be for now, we all get confused......if she comes back great! if not move along....

sorry for the long read, hope it helps ya....

13. Apr 28, 2009 at 12:19 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    i'm down. :D lets start a poll:

1. unholycumulus

14. Apr 28, 2009 at 12:39 AM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    dude, i know it seems grim, but life goes on...women come in and out of your life like a change of underwear.

its all gravy, baby.

15. Apr 28, 2009 at 1:15 AM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    It is all good dude, let her be and try and move on. It is tough, but you never know what might happen in the end. I've been with my girlfriend for almost 5 years (May) and last year we broke up for a good 2-3 months because she needed space. We ended up fooling around with other people but saw past our mistakes and ended up back together again. This caught me by surprise. Just try and get your mind off her and get out. You never know what might happen

16. Apr 28, 2009 at 1:38 AM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    Hey man, sorry to hear that, hope you're doing alright. Just like everyone else is sayin, just give it some time and see where that takes ya.

17. Apr 28, 2009 at 1:48 AM
    Yota_dvl

Yota_dvl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Central Utah
    Vehicle:
    03' Ext cab 4x4
    SAS KIT - trail-gear 5" lift alcan springs greasable shackels gears front 410 rear 411 Kicker subs 3,000 mile drive to Alaska, 3,000 back "Mod" rear diff breather
    Dude that happen to me!!! 4 days before birthday and christmas so now I'm date less for all the partys. then a week later she was with another dude- but just find things to make you happy man. dunno if your much into country but " You'll think of me" by Kieth Urban and "Better As A Memory" by Kenny Chesney kinda hit me hard but they helped me-

18. Apr 28, 2009 at 4:33 AM
    cleanTRDmachine

cleanTRDmachine watch the meat

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Q-Town, PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    tint gray camo seat covers debadged color matched grille surround off of 06 TRD sport grillecraft black mesh grille Hella 500's demudflapped Toyota rear leaf TSB (first edition) 265/75/16 BFG AT TA KO's Flowmaster Super 40 #952445 Maglite Mod AntennaX 13in antenna Painted Lower Valance Vision X H4 Xenon headlights Halo Solaris H10 foglights Velocity Offroad 2.5 leveling kit (removed) Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers Rocky Mounts Clutch SD bike mount 4ft combo lock cable for bed extender Stage I interior LED's Toytec 1.5" AALs Extang Trifold Signature Series Bed Cover Reese front mounted tow hook Icon Stage 1 Suspension
    go to the gym to pick up chicks
    also:
    grocery store
    laundromat
    walmart
    book store
    ...or strip club;)

all epic failures for me but may be good for someone else

but like others have said DON'T TALK TO HER

19. Apr 28, 2009 at 5:28 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Been there. It sucks. Now for the ironic part. I ended my 5 year relationship while living at 85 Maple Ave! :eek:

20. Apr 28, 2009 at 5:57 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    Right,

2 words Road Trip!!

Products Discussed in

To Top