1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would any of you carry Illegally?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by ERdept, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Feb 14, 2009 at 6:24 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    I never saw this response to my original comment. Not sure how I missed it...

I do have a permit, but I rarely carry. I was just saying that if I didn't, I'd still carry if I HAD to go into a dangerous situation. Fortunately I've never been in a situation where I've needed to whip the gun out, so I can't say the point at which it would happen. All I know is that I'd rather have it to whip out than not.

2. Feb 21, 2009 at 1:01 PM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    I've been working on a new job in a bad neighborhood. Seriously been thinking of picking up a small gun to carry in the truck (illegally) just in case some gangbangers want to get into something. Thoughts?

3. Feb 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    can i get a decent gun for under 300? small enough to fit in the glovebox or someplace easily accessible? I only had one encounter in my life where a big black guy got out of his car in the middle of the expressway to confront me. not sure if i would have pulled unless i felt a bit more threatened like he broke my window or something (although he did punch it).

I never thought about carrying until I started working in the bad neighborhood. they drive like complete idiots there and i can see myself getting into a confrontation easily by cutting one of "them" off. i would probably just keep it in the glove box and load it up on the days that i am working there.

is it bad to leave a gun in a car that gets below freezing during the day?

4. Feb 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    well, i cant exactly bring a gun onto a jobsite... im not too worried about leaving the gun in the car because someone might steal it, more worried about leaving it in the car because of the weather conditions. i dont feel the need to carry one on me personally. just some protection in the car for bad neighborhoods.

5. Feb 22, 2009 at 9:42 PM
    bambooshoots

bambooshoots Be a fountain, not a drain.

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Honda Accord Sport
    I did it again. Got tired of paying truck payments and gas and traded in for a 2015 Honda Accord Sport since I enjoyed my 2013 Sport so much.
    All I have to say is carry your damn gun all the time.

6. Feb 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    If all you want is something that shoots, then yes. Something at the level of a Glock, probably not for 300. My gf just bought a Taurus .40 for around 400. Seems like a pretty good gun even though we haven't shot it yet. Most don't think they're at the same quality level as the Glocks, but she liked the fit better and it doesn't seem like total crap.

7. Feb 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I carry a knife around. I don't know if that's illegal. I would never illegally carry a firearm though.

8. Feb 23, 2009 at 12:46 AM
    jrws6

jrws6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07, Dodge Ram 35004x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel 6M
    No disrespect meant to anyone. However I cant help but say this because the only thing as dangerous as a criminal with a gun is someone with no formal training, experience, weapon safety skills, etc.
    I guess with so many of us on TW being veterans, and several LEO's it is easy to assume that "everyone can and should carry a gun" this is so far from the truth.
    Get educated, certifed, or CCW, or become a LEO and carry under HR218. But whatever you do be responsible with your weapon.
    People pulling out a gun to talk smack are idiots, and do not deserve to carry/possess a weapon. PERIOD
    In NC having a weapon concealed in your vehicle is the same as having it concealed on your person, Same charge.
    Temperature wont affect a weapon in your truck/car.

9. Feb 23, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    Good to hear. Today I found out that three kids were shot literally 2 blocks from my construction site Friday. I saw the cops driving past me...thought they just wanted to get through traffic...guess not. This morning there were 4-5 thugs walking down the street to the site. Noticed one of them had a bat or stick in his hand.

I wouldn't pull a gun unless i felt my life was threatened to the point where it was my last resort.

10. Feb 24, 2009 at 4:06 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    Ohio Open Carry restrictions:

business w/class d liquor liscence
    any law enforcement office
    1000ft of schools
    courthouses
    mental institutions
    in your car
    posted businesses ("no weapons") most only post "No CCW"

it's funny though...i hardly ever see anyone open carry here. maybe cause the cops don't know the law and will rough you up for it. "inciting panic" :rolleyes:

11. May 23, 2011 at 2:52 AM
    RacerAV

RacerAV Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC, CA
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCSB4x4 (sold)
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. -- U. S. Constitution

Best quote ever....

I carry when I need to... hypothetically...
    I miss NC, but CA is lovely... but damn the laws.... cars, guns, everything... we can smoke weed but cant have guns? I want to move to AZ every damn day...

Adamo

12. May 23, 2011 at 9:08 AM
    scrappletaco

scrappletaco Damn Deer and Idoit Drivers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Williamsport PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 reg cab 4x4, Debadged and dirty
    Debadged, Removed Charcoal filter
    I open carry in pa all the time but never illegally thats just asking to get jacked up. but if it was a bad situation like the original post intended I would not be the one going to the morgue if you know I mean ;)

13. May 23, 2011 at 9:39 AM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    yeah if i felt i needed it i would try to avoid that whole situation lol

but yes i would if i had to or got placed into a situation i couldnt control

i took the class for the CCW and now i just need to send in all paperwork or whatever

so thank you TW i got some important stuff to do today

14. May 23, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    rev25sharp

rev25sharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    jacksonville fl
    Vehicle:
    Silver 17dcsb trd sport
    i have thought about getting a handgun for safety. i just avoid the situation, and in most cases i am big enough and smart enough to avoid needing a gun. sure if someone pulled one on me( i do not know why the would), i may be screwed for a little bit. let me find a phone or opportunity and the situation will change.

15. May 23, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Have found myself in numerous situations where a gun brings added security. Hypothetically, I bring it to places like these. A handgun, mind you, and not an AK-47.

Products Discussed in

To Top