1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would anyone be interested in this at all??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 08pretaco, Apr 1, 2010.

?

pick the answers that best fit. If not interested please just answer no only :)

Poll closed Jul 30, 2010.
  1. yes im interested

15.0%
  2. no thanks

85.0%
  3. above bed mount

5.0%
  4. flush with bed mount

10.0%
  5. below bed mount

5.0%
  6. 1" pipe allowance

5.0%
  7. 1.5" pipe allowance

10.0%
  8. 2" pipe allowance

5.0%
  9. willing to pay: $0 - $25 w/o shipping

20.0%
  10. willing to pay: $25 +

15.0%
  11. would you rather have them vertical (stick up)

5.0%
  12. horizontal (brackets to either side of mounting point)

5.0%
  1. Apr 1, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    answer more than one if interested, its multiple choice

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arizona/68771-2nd-gen-tacoma-bed-bar-feeler-2.html

post #32

ok so he made bed bars to sell people and it got me thinking. i can probably make a bracket to fit into the bed rail such as what he did. make a section come out in the top, in the middle, or even the bottom of the mounting bracket to mount a 1.5" pipe in it. The section coming out would stick out 1/4" with an inside diameter of just over 1.5" to not allow any movement.

if i did this then you would be able to buy some pipe wherever you are without paying a lot in shipping at all, for those out of state interested in his. you mount a pipe in the brackets before you install them in the bed rail, then just stick them in and place however far in the bed you would like.

if there are people that might be interested in this i might actually go ahead and be productive with my time rather than sit around and shit haha

theres a pole on whether, if interested, the mounting point for the pipe should be above the bracket (like he did on his), level of the bracket, or below the bed rail mounting bracket. there is also an option on pipe diameter for me to get an idea when i model it out on a CAD.

thanks guys and you inspire me to do little things like this and idk if people like the idea or not but hey no one else has gotten around to do this so why not be different, right!

-Oliver (08pretaco)

2. Apr 1, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    not to be mean usctacoma but did you not read above the pole, please dont answer any questions thereafter the no if your not interested :)

3. Apr 1, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    usctacoma

usctacoma Be a thinker, not a stinker

Member:
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Doublecab
    Tint, Black Badges, Firestone Destination 265-70-17s, Weathertech Floor Liners, Sockmonkey decals, Flowmaster 40, Defiant light bar, 4 5" PIAA 540s, BHLM, 5100s @ .85, eibach springs, 1/4" Toytec spacer, 2" Toytec AAL, painted grill, UWS tool box
    sorry i got distracted. It sounds good man, but I just don't have a need for it so I put down no thanks.

4. Apr 1, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    cjastacio

cjastacio Well-Known Member

Member:
    How about a proof of concept. I'm not sure I understand your explanation.

5. Apr 1, 2010 at 9:36 PM
    usctacoma

usctacoma Be a thinker, not a stinker

Member:
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Doublecab
    Tint, Black Badges, Firestone Destination 265-70-17s, Weathertech Floor Liners, Sockmonkey decals, Flowmaster 40, Defiant light bar, 4 5" PIAA 540s, BHLM, 5100s @ .85, eibach springs, 1/4" Toytec spacer, 2" Toytec AAL, painted grill, UWS tool box
    oh yeah, I didnt see that little nugget of info at the top either. Sorry dude.

6. Apr 1, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    ya i totally understand man haha i dont have access to CAD until monday i could probably draw up something real quick.

If you look at the link in post 32, the bracket will look something like that except where the pipe is welded to the bracket there would be just a 1/4" protrusion with an inside diameter of just above whatever diameter design you guys vote on most. that would allow you to buy pipe where you live to cut down on cost.

7. Apr 1, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    005tacoma.....why did you vote for everything possible?

8. Apr 1, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    I think it's a good idea, lots of applications, would be good for bike racks in shortbeds etc. Find a good way to attach an oversize tire for cheap? But I don't need them.

Make them strong, cheap, and black, someone will buy them.

9. Apr 1, 2010 at 11:46 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    w8n4mud already has been making bed bars though. check the group buy section

Products Discussed in

To Top