1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would anyone like to make me a signature?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by BBiggs, Jun 30, 2010.

1. BBiggs

BBiggs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 Access Cab
    I just got it!
    My truck looks different than the signature. Would anyone like to build me one?

It's okay if nobody wants to, I'll make it myself. But I know a lot of people probably enjoy doing design work and working with photoshop and stuff.

I would really appreciate it, and would obviously step right up to help you out with anything I can in the future.

Anyway. Just throwing that out there.

I just want something simple, with a picture of my truck, and some sort of classy texture or something with maybe a gradient, and then a classy text that says "BBIGGS" and then maybe "est. 1991" under my name. That might be a decent amount of humor for a signature. I'm also open to ideas. Anyway. Let me know. I might have to bump this a few times to get an answer from someone, but I might as well try.

2. Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    Delray Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    2007 Infiniti G35S
    post a high res pic of your truck that you would like to use.

3. madisonsfinest

madisonsfinest Addicted to my DSLR

Member:
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC OffRoad 4x4 Debaged
    Factory Roof Rack Avid Offroad Light Bar 16" XD Hoss Truxedo LoPro QT Window Tint Autobot Emblem w/Autobot Shifter Color Matched Grille
  4. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    ,,,Your picture is hard to work with. Difficult to get the file size small enough so it will work here.

madisonsfinest.gif
    madisonsfinest3.gif
    madisonsfinest4.gif
    madisonsfinest5.gif

5. madisonsfinest

madisonsfinest Addicted to my DSLR

Member:
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC OffRoad 4x4 Debaged
    Factory Roof Rack Avid Offroad Light Bar 16" XD Hoss Truxedo LoPro QT Window Tint Autobot Emblem w/Autobot Shifter Color Matched Grille
    Thanks. Maybe I'll get a better pic to work with!

6. BBiggs

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 Access Cab
    I just got it!
    Okay. Here you go. I'd like it to be classy looking. No silly text, just a classy, simplistic typeface like Helvetica. With some sort of texture in the background. Like a Victorian wallpaper or something. See what you can do. And preferably wide and short. I don't like the ones that take up too much vertical space. They're a bother for everyone trying to read threads.

IMG_2393.jpg
    IMG_2394.jpg

7. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    madisonsfinests: You picked the one I like the best. The thing that kills you is getting it under 15k in file size. That is a very small file size.

BBiggs. I kind of like the one you have now, it's pretty good. Just to give you a idea these things are difficult to make not easy. Easy if you had the correct type of picture

8. BBiggs

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 Access Cab
    I just got it!
    I'm sorry but I'm a bit of a critic, so I've got some constructive criticism. The only thing is that the text is centered, however the truck is not. It would look a lot better if you cropped one side and then re centered the text.

And to get the right filesize, you just go in photoshop and go to "Save for Web or Device" and you can pick the filesize you need and it makes the necessary alterations to the picture to get it to that size.

9. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    You right you can make it any file size you want. Problem is you loose detail for ever bit you trim.

10. BBiggs

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 Access Cab
    I just got it!
    Yeah it's true. If you use png, it seems to not lose as much color I find.

11. Colton

Colton Reagan/Bush '84

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA/SC
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 TRD Sport super white
    Bilstein 5100 F&R, OME 885 w/ top plate spacers, 1.5" AAL, 285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MT, 17x9 Level 8 MK6, 20% tint, AEM Brute force intake, Alpine CDE-W235BT, 2 12" Shok subs, Armortech sliders, EBC Stage IV brake it, stainless steel brake lines
    I wouldn't mind a signature, if anybody has some free time on their hands...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My best pics so far..

12. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    You can't use PNG, tried that. it's like 60k. It's on the verge right now of falling off the cliff in quality. No bad. HDR and it's like 14.8k. The one I made anyway. Normally i would not use such a font for a label but his name is so long it was the best pick I could find out of about the thousand I tried. At least you can read it. Enjoy it, That font cost me over a 100 bucks. You get to see it for free.

To Top