1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would you be a stay at home Dad?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by DEEVON911, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dec 30, 2011 at 6:19 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    You are close enough you should try to make one of the Beech Creek weekend meets....

You don't know this but I made my first Satoshi two Summers ago while taking a week off from work to stay with my kids while my wife went to a convention in York Pa. I can handle a week...:eek:

Rather apropos huh? :D

2. Dec 30, 2011 at 6:20 AM
    Tacolover443

Tacolover443 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Haverford, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OR DCSB BSP
    Satoshi, color match grill, 2 Hella 500ff's, rear TSB, yellow "Taco", OEM all-weather floor mats, OEM TRD seat covers, Ultra-Gauge, bed linered rear bumper, Plasti-dipped rims, DuraTrac's,
    My dad is a stay at home dad. I think it is partly because my younger brother is autistic, but my mom has a good job so I think my parents thought it was best to have a full time adult at home when my brother was born. It is pretty awesome having my dad full time at home :D.

3. Dec 30, 2011 at 6:33 AM
    Dark_Taco

Dark_Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro
    Stock
    I haven't read every post in this thread. It sound like your in a bad situation or just dislike your current job. If it were me I would find a job elsewhere with part-time hours. Go to sears auto, NTB, Firestone, ect. and bust tires and change batteries. Then you can be at home with the kiddies more often than not.

4. Dec 30, 2011 at 6:38 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Ya I always wanted to come to the Beech Creek meets, but work always prevented that. Not having weekends off sucks. But hey if I do this, are baby's in car seats welcome, may have to stop wheeling for a quick feeding!! LOL

Anyway, I had to look up apropos! LOL, that was a new word for me. And maybe this will be my time to pick up some type of project like this.

Thats good to hear, I'm glad I can hear stories of this being a good thing, and working out.

5. Dec 30, 2011 at 6:46 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Ya I'm thinking something part time will be a good idea, maybe not right away. And ya, sad to say this job is not what it used to be.

6. Dec 30, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    OP. I decided to become a stay at home dad when my 2 boys were born. Do I rehret doing it nope. I got to become part of thier life in a way that my wife never will. I love my boys, and as many of us here grew up wothout the " father figure" in our lives I promised not to let this happen with me two little men. I am here and have been here with them since they cam home form the hospital 8 years ago. I was able to attend college and work towards my degree. I must say that it is imporatant to keep up with your ole friends. As far a chores. you can do them most of them in about two hours so there fore you have most the day to do whatever you all want. read. play ect..the bonus of having the kids at home is "NAP TIME". lol Good luck and embrass the oppurtunity..

7. Dec 30, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    :thumbsup: Thanks for the advice Craig!

8. Dec 30, 2011 at 7:30 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Being a stay home parent is crazy hard but I would stay home. My wife(lawyer) makes way more money but I(railroad) have great benefits/pension so they kinda balance each other out. I was anti day care for years but the child's mental growth is 1000000 times better with other kids than if they stayed home alone. Sometimes ( for certain people)it's not worth it to work cause it cancels out the cost of day care.our day care had cameras so we could watch.

9. Dec 30, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    Ya, I think its very important for kids to be around other kids. I would have to make a effort to make sure he/she is exposed to other children.

10. Dec 30, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    i am in a very similar situation to yours and have to agree with the social aspect tremendously. OP, would you plan to return to working when the child reached school age? and do you plan to have any other kids? much to consider. that being said, having the ability to spend time with and watching your child grow-up is something you can't put a price on:)

11. Dec 30, 2011 at 8:55 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    Ya, I don't think I could go without working forever. Not sure what I would pursue, but even something part time. And I do have a 6yo son from my previous marriage. He is with me whenever he wants so he is not always with me, but he is a good kid. No worries with him. So my wife said 1 is enough. So unless she switches it up, she said no more. And I have to agree, with my son and this one. I think thats enough.

12. Feb 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    Bodz

Bodz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD 4x4 DCLB
    3" lift, Xd Spy wheels, 265/70/17 Michelins, skid pan, fog lights tint, Flyzeye LED lights, ADVMonster LED lights, tri-fold tonneau, box divider........will it ever end? LOL
    Not only would I do it, I did do it as a full time single Dad for 19 years. I wasn't even sure if it was allowed back then and it was tough but worth every minute of it. Both my sons are now engineers with great futures ahead of them and thank me for the things I taught them. If I could turn back the clock, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

Nothing like the positive influence of a good father.

13. Feb 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    fuck, i would

14. Feb 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM
    8BoltRacing

8BoltRacing Custom Fabrication and Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Greensburg PA
    Vehicle:
    The Angry Warthog
    DO 3 hoop, Wheelers HD Leaf Set w/ES poly bushings, OME 884X Coils, 5100's, Selfmade Satoshi, Single beam headlights, Fogs anytime, high beams with low beams mod, ABS kill switch, AMSOIL fluids in everything, K&N Intake, TB Spacer, FAL Electric Fan and TRD Rad Cap, DT Long Tubes, URD Y-pipe w/xtra O2 bungs and 3" v-band , Custom 3-inch Exhaust w/v-band and 3030XL Aero turbine muffler and Aero 3040 tip, URD Fuel Pump Upgrade, B&M Short Shifter, EBC Dimpled and Slotted Rotors with EBC Yellowstuff pads, Pulseplugs, HIDs: Fogs 3000k, Highs 4300k, Lows 8000k, URD Throwout Bearing Repair kit, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel+Competition Clutch Stage 4
    I need to have my own money and i do as much as possible with the kids now. And my wife does most of the cooking but we split cleaning and stuff. I get a lil stir crazy if I don't work so its not much of an option to me.

15. Feb 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    The park is a great place. Your public library is also very good, check to see if they have scheduled childrens books readings.

Do some looking around on-line about your city and what there is for kids to do.

16. Feb 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM
    yotabeast505

yotabeast505 The Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    NE Hights ABQ NM
    Vehicle:
    THE BEAST
    here we go. Ford 9" rear after breaking 5 sets of gears in the stock yota 8.8, 5.13 gears with a detroit hard locker, 63" chevy leafs and custom hangers, sky's front spring hanger with sky's extream hysteer and PSC hydro assist ram and PSC pump. welded front spyders in the f-550 front dana 60 with warn hubs, pico brake lines and hoses, elecrtic fan, TRD supercharger with URD 2.1 Pully, URD Map-ECU2 and cage built by me. wide band a/f by inovations, lots and lots more...........
    the job i got hurt at 034_2c93ee233f70297f47bfc7208e847ee8191bd44a.jpg the baby girl that i stay at home with and love every min of it IMG_0384_4c12be82cac82e1901be577eac2efd580485d271.jpg and of course i do side jobs at my house042_fd2e97fd89e051dea962d61f57fa9ebdc7086dba.jpg057_b2dbd7853ad290bf7549efb8f9325a3083c7e552.jpg

17. Feb 6, 2012 at 4:15 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    :thumbsup: Thanks, this is the things I like to hear. I'm pretty sure I'm going to take the jump. As long as things line up.

Hey a fellow Pittsburgher! And I have actually started doing small side jobs here and there, so no worries about alittle cash and going crazy. There is alot of things I'd like to do to my house, like get some plumbing and wiring strait, so there is always something to keep me busy.

Great, Thanks!
    Sucks you got hurt, but looks like you turned it into a positive! Beautiful baby! And nice side job! Now that is a fun side job!

Oh and is that a radio tower you where on?! Holy SHIT thats high!

Also wife and I went for the sonogram on Thursday, and found out its a Boy!

18. Feb 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    I would get too bored without a job.

19. Feb 6, 2012 at 10:37 AM
    yotabeast505

yotabeast505 The Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    NE Hights ABQ NM
    Vehicle:
    THE BEAST
    here we go. Ford 9" rear after breaking 5 sets of gears in the stock yota 8.8, 5.13 gears with a detroit hard locker, 63" chevy leafs and custom hangers, sky's front spring hanger with sky's extream hysteer and PSC hydro assist ram and PSC pump. welded front spyders in the f-550 front dana 60 with warn hubs, pico brake lines and hoses, elecrtic fan, TRD supercharger with URD 2.1 Pully, URD Map-ECU2 and cage built by me. wide band a/f by inovations, lots and lots more...........
    CONGRATS!!!

20. Feb 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 [OP] Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    :thumbsup: Thank you!

Products Discussed in

To Top