1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would you be interested in a better equipped Tacoma?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by saf023, Dec 12, 2009.

?

Would you be interested in a better equipped Tacoma?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2010.
  1. Yes, I want a Luxury Options on my next Tacoma.

20.8%
  2. No, I'm not interested in anything that would increase the cost.

5.0%
  3. Yes, but I only want to pay for the options that interest me.

50.3%
  4. No, I like the truck just the way it is.

9.0%
  5. Less electronics, and Vynil floor/seats/manual T-case, etc,

14.9%
  1. Dec 16, 2009 at 6:10 AM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    my 2 cent worth .... well more like a dollar:

Base should get vinyl floor, all models get a locker.... would go towards Toyota offering serious offroaders/haulers

if they added features ,call it a letscus..err lexus, make it black go awd with leather this n that...and 18"trinket rims.

make an "Offroad" version that is clearly seperate from a normal TRD with a longer travel suspension and make it clear it loses towing for offroading

add a button for tow/cruise/fuel economy/ type modes

Ditch bench seat for a 60/40 tilt

2. Dec 16, 2009 at 7:09 AM
    Blue Ten

Blue Ten Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    Candler, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Off Road
    Undercover Hard Tonneau Cover, WeatherTech Bug Shield, and Toyota Running Boards.
    I wouldn't mind heated mirrors and a lighted 4X switch, but they can keep all that other stuff.

3. Dec 16, 2009 at 7:49 AM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    I could see the advantage of full time 4x4. Being able to drive in the rain while in 4x4 on pavement would be nice especially when towing. But that would probably be the only time I would use it, but would def be worth it for me.

4. Dec 16, 2009 at 9:40 AM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails

Excellent idea on the base model being a truckers, truck and then for all of us other sissy types (that's me) we could start adding the options and paying for them....

5. Dec 17, 2009 at 6:16 AM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    hey I have cloth floor too and seats. I'm ok with it too, yoo aint no sissy. But considering all the commercial uses of a Tacoma,like pest control and some delivery, Im sure some of those ideas would sell quite well.

6. Dec 17, 2009 at 2:38 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    :yay: Thank goodness....I'm not a sissy...I was beginning to think my old tired ass (of 58 years) was beginning to fail me....

7. Dec 17, 2009 at 3:08 PM
    prsgeetarman

prsgeetarman Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road
    Front skid plate, chrome exhaust tip, bug shield, vent visors, bed mat, ACI access limited edition roll top tonneau cover.
    Originally Posted by prsgeetarman [​IMG]
    Increased gas mileage on the V6

Yep, it's that dial under the accelerator that sometimes sticks wide open :rolleyes:

8. Dec 19, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

Member:
    So. Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 TRD Sport CC, LB
    King Racing reservoir shocks, Camburg UCA's, Deaver 10 leaf pack, Bilstein 5100's, Magnaflow exhaust.
    Rear disc brakes.

9. Dec 20, 2009 at 7:54 PM
    NorthXNorthwest

NorthXNorthwest Well-Known Member

Member:
    Myrtle Creek, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport DC 4X4 Not Debaged
    BHLM, Ultra Mammoths, Husky mats, K&N non true CAI, window tint, Avid Steps and light bar.
    Manual transfer case and call it cheese but I would be very down with a sun or moon roof.

10. Dec 21, 2009 at 3:11 AM
    Silver 10

Silver 10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    10 SR5 DBL Cab 4x4
    Nitto Terra Grapplers, Leer XL100 cap , Cabelas Bug shield , Tinted windows, Bed Mat, Husky Floor Liners front and rear, seat belt mod, Rear TSB, K&N Air filter
    yeah its a truck, but that doesnt mean it cant be offered w/several options. Heated mirrors, light on the 4wd, and leather w/heat, with the blood and mud from hunting you can just wipe down the leather, does this make me a sissy I dont think so thats why there called options so people who want can get and those who dont dont have to. I like to keep my stuff clean and cloth is a beootch to do so.

11. Dec 21, 2009 at 3:49 AM
    JDCPA

JDCPA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    09 5 Lug Access Cab SR5
    Curt Hitch and etrailer.com wiring harness.
    I was able to buy my '09 exactly the way I wanted it equipped. The only option it had that I would not have ordered is Daytime Running Lights.

12. Dec 21, 2009 at 4:53 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

lol, someone neutral repped me for this post.

:confused:

Same...actually, it didn't have a single thing in it I didn't want. They had to find the one I wanted at another dealer, bring it to their dealership, and add stuff. But that's just how I roll.

13. Dec 21, 2009 at 5:14 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    How about something that makes the heat turn on sooner than 20 minutes

14. Dec 26, 2009 at 10:59 AM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    I personally wouldn't want all the extra items. Just means more stuff to go wrong (IMO). If I wanted luxury, I woulda bought something else. I bought a Taco for it's reputation of reliablity and longevity. Besides, I get to be a member of one the most kick ass sites, TW. :proposetoast:

15. Dec 26, 2009 at 3:41 PM
    putawaywet

putawaywet Yaris Offroader

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    '17 DC TRD Off Road MT
    Give me back that Hilux they tried to destroy on Top Gear. Nothing more, nothing less. Seriously. If we get any softer, donuts are going to start eating us.

16. Dec 26, 2009 at 4:37 PM
    GT150

GT150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Blairsville Ga
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner V-6
    A positive brake feeling, not the soft pedal it has now..............

17. Dec 26, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    Taco.Tim

Taco.Tim Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2010 Buhlue Access Cab 2WD
    Looking!
    Power seats and leather would be nice.

Our AC actually rides pretty nice, even though I suspect it wouldn't be the greatest at carrying a big load. However, all I wanted was a light duty truck that was good on gas, and easy for my wife to drive.

Tim Glover

18. Dec 26, 2009 at 7:40 PM
    justinh

justinh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4
    I've got a loaded out TRD and I personally feel you don't get many features for the prices of the truck but I love them and have had 3 of them now. It doesn't help that the "other car" is an rx330. when you have multiple drivers in a family things like powered memory seats are a convenient feature. it is nice to be able to open the door on the lexus hit "2" and have the mirrors and the seats in my places by the time my butt is in it. I've also been spoiled by the heated seats which are again nice to have on long trips or when you drive a lot. A sunroof option would be huge and a NAV option should be available in EVERY vehicle in 2010.

19. Dec 26, 2009 at 8:59 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    As I remote start my truck in the morning while I'm getting ready for work, it uses its thermostat to decide whether to turn the heated seats on as well as the defroster. When I go outside and get into my toasty warm truck, I notice some ice lingering on the windshield, so I select the heated windshield wiper fluid switch and wait. After 15 short seconds, heated fluid sprays onto my windshield melting the final layer of ice. The wipers help clear it away too. The headlights are of course on as well, as the truck knows if it's light or dark out -- in fact, this also helps it decide whether or not to dim the auto dimming rear view mirror and side mirrors.

I turn my in-dash navigation on and go to my XM radio page to select ch. 166. I forget to load something into the bed of my truck, so I step out and turn my bed light on so I can see what I'm doing. I can see the bed light switch because all of those pesky switches and buttons on the doors are illuminated. Hell, even my 4x4 switch is illuminated.... After loading the bed, I get back into my truck to find that the outside mirrors are foggy, so I decide to run my mirror heaters too.

I'm finally out of my driveway and cruising on the highway towards work. I flip through my "Driver Information Center" and find my instant MPG. 27 currently, while running in 4 cyl mode. I flip to the AVG MPG page and not that I'm averaging 18MPG... which isn't too bad with my 367hp 6.0 liter engine producing 375 ft/lbs of torque...

When coming home from work, it's warm enough to open up my sunroof -- just one flick of a switch and it opens. I also decide to open my automatic rear sliding window to get a little more air through the truck.

I would call 75% of the responses in this thread to be BS. If given the opportunity, you'd spring for these options too because they're nice. You claim that all of these things make it less of a truck, but I beg to differ. :)

:devil:

20. Dec 26, 2009 at 9:17 PM
    SoCaliSnowboarder77

SoCaliSnowboarder77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Valencia, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 GSXR 600 & Snowboarders Hauler
    4x4 OFF-ROAD... that is all I need...
    All of that would easily make a Coma cost over $40k. I got my new Coma down to $27k sticker (original sticker was $32k) and $31k OTD (So Cali Tax sucks!). The good stuff you mentioned are in bold. Some of the stuff you mentioned can be done after market. Some of the luxury stuff you put are found in Escalades. Comas are not luxury trucks. But it would be cool if there were dealer options for all the stuff you mentioned. I'd gladly pay an extra $1500 for a sunroof, heated leather seats and a rolling rear window. Cylinder shut off is the most important to me though. Hello TOYOTA!!! CYLINDER SHUT OFF should be in the 3rd gen Comas.

Products Discussed in

To Top